This package contains everything you need to get Robo-Tank up and running, simply add your probes, sensors and equipment. It includes the main controller, the deluxe sensor extension and the equipment extension.
This kit is packaged with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, I've soldered the header pins to the board so it's plug and play. This is a perfect fit for the controller with the only downside being it doesn't have a hardwire Ethernet connection for the internet, only WiFi. It is possible to plug in a $20 micro-USB to Ethernet adapter if you prefer a hardwire network connection.
Although this is plug and play you still need to load reef-pi on the Raspberry Pi and plug it into the controller. The controller board will be mounted in the case, you just need to remove the lid and the Raspberry Pi plugs in. Here's a manual showing how to do that and one to setup the Raspberry Pi.
The controller has a fully isolated pH circuit built in, simply plug in any pH probe with a BNC connector and you're ready to accurately monitor your pH.
- Controller installed in 3D printed case with faceplate
- Deluxe sensor extension installed in 3D printed case with faceplate
- Equipment extension installed in 3D printed case with faceplate
- Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W with header soldered, plug and play compatible.
- Sandisk Ultra 32gb microSD card
- 12v - 2amp AC Adapter
- 3 - 1ft Ethernet patch cable
- 2-way DC power splitter cable
- 26, 2-4 pin pluggable screw terminal connectors
- CR1220 Battery Installed (Canada and USA only) International orders need to supply your own.
If you want to monitor pH you need a probe - EXAMPLE
3D Printed Case
The controller comes in a 3D printed case, choose your choice of color on the right side and select which Raspberry Pi you'll be using as the case is custom to it. There may be small defects due to 3D printing but any will be minor and only have a visual effect.
Here are the main features of the controller.
- Isolated pH circuit for accurate and stable readings
- 2 independent DS18B20 1-wire temperature ports
- Automatic fish feeder port
- I2C Port for expansions
- 2 hardware-based backup ports for Power Bar 1, Outlet 1 and 2
- Real Time Clock with battery backup
In addition to this the controller has a variety of 36 ports that can be used with Robo-Tank extensions or on your own project.
- Power Bar 1 DB9 Port - 8 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + optional +5v or +12v
- Power Bar 2 DB9 Port - 8 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + optional +5v or +12v
- Sensors RJ45 Port - 6 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + 5v
- DC Ports RJ45 Port - 7, 0-5v PWM Signals + Ground
- LED Ports RJ45 Port - 7, 0-5v PWM Signals + Ground
- 12v - 24v DC Input
- Highly efficient 5v regulator to power the Raspberry Pi and controller
- Extra filtering for low ripple on power rails
- Highly efficient reverse polarity protection
- Short circuit protection
- External over current protection
- Resettable fuse on 5v rail
- 3.3v - 5v converter for I2C bus
- 16 channel 12-bit PWM controller
- CR1220 battery backup for
Deluxe Sensor Extension Details
With the deluxe sensor extension you can run 6 sensors, each sensor port has 3 available plug types to match your sensor keeping it plug and play. Simply set the jumper for each port to the plug type you wish to use. You can choose between the optical sensor plug, non-contact sensor plug or the pluggable screw terminal connector which is great for DS18B20 temps sensors or other Arduino based sensors.
- 6 sensor ports total
- 6 dedicated plugs for optical sensors
- 6 dedicated plugs for non-contact sensor
- 6 pluggable screw terminal plugs for other sensor types
Equipment Extension Details
This extension allows you to connect and control LED drivers, 12-24v DC devices and 0-10v controllable equipment such as lights or Jebao compatible pumps.
- 6, 12v - 24v DC ports
- 6 emergency backup ports for DC ports
- 8 auxiliary ports that can be independently switched between 0-5v PWM, 0-10v PWM, 0-5v Analog or 0-10v Analog signals
- 12v - 24v DC input
- Highly efficient reverse polarity protection on main DC input
- Each DC port can support up to 4 amps which is 50w at 12v or 100w at 24v, maximum between all ports is 5 amps
- 12-bit PWM signals
- Auxiliary ports support up to 20mA each
Reef-pi Deluxe Aquarium Controller - Complete Kit
- Product Code: FullDv3Ra
- Availability: In Stock
- $249.95 USD
|DS18B20 Waterproof Digital Temperature Sensor Probe 3 meter cable||+ $7.95 USD|
|Optical Water Level Sensor||+ $8.95 USD|
|Reversible Float Switch||+ $2.95 USD|
|XKC-Y25-V Non-Contact Water Sensor||+ $13.49 USD|