This package contains everything you need to get Robo-Tank up and running, simply add your probes, sensors and equipment. It includes the main controller, deluxe sensor extension, equipment extension and AC power bar.
This kit is packaged with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, I've soldered the header pins to the board so it's plug and play. This is a perfect fit for the controller with the only downside being it doesn't have a hardwire Ethernet connection for the internet, only WiFi. It is possible to plug in a $20 micro-USB to Ethernet adapter if you prefer a hardwire network connection.
Although this is plug and play you still need to load reef-pi on the Raspberry Pi and plug it into the controller. The controller board will be mounted in the case, you just need to remove the lid and the Raspberry Pi plugs in. Here's a manual showing how to do that and one to setup the Raspberry Pi.
The controller has a fully isolated pH circuit built in, simply plug in any pH probe with a BNC connector and you're ready to accurately monitor your pH, probe is not included.
Available with 8 North American or 6 Universal outlets for use in most countries. The power bars use high quality Omron relays, includes a replaceable fuse and has no wires internally for safety and reliability.
- Controller installed in 3D printed case with faceplate
- Deluxe sensor extension installed in 3D printed case with faceplate
- Equipment extension installed in 3D printed case with faceplate
- North American OR Universal AC power bar installed in 3D printed case - select outlet type on right side
- Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W with header soldered, plug and play compatible.
- Sandisk High Endurance 32gb microSD card
- 12v - 3 amp AC Adapter
- 3 - 1ft Ethernet patch cable
- 2-way DC power splitter cable
- 6ft DB9 Serial Cable - Straight Through Male to Female
- 5ft AC Power Cord - 18awg, 10 amp
- 26, 2-4 pin pluggable screw terminal connectors
- CR1220 Battery Installed (Canada and USA only) International orders need to supply your own.
If you want to monitor pH you need a probe - EXAMPLE
3D Printed Cases and Face Plate
The controller, extensions and power bar come in a 3D printed case, choose your choice of color on the right side. There may be small defects due to 3D printing but any will be minor and only have a visual effect.
AC Power Bar
Note: The universal AC power bar only has 6 AC outlets due to size and spacing required for UK plugs.
Here are the main features of the controller.
- Fully isolated pH circuit for accurate and stable readings
- 2 independent DS18B20 1-wire temperature ports
- Automatic fish feeder port
- I2C Port for expansions
- 2 hardware-based backup ports for Power Bar 1, Outlet 1 and 2
- Real Time Clock with battery backup
In addition to this the controller has a variety of 36 ports that can be used with Robo-Tank extensions or on your own project.
- Power Bar 1 DB9 Port - 8 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + optional +5v or +12v
- Power Bar 2 DB9 Port - 8 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + optional +5v or +12v
- Sensors RJ45 Port - 6 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + 5v
- DC Ports RJ45 Port - 7, 0-5v PWM Signals + Ground
- LED Ports RJ45 Port - 7, 0-5v PWM Signals + Ground
- 12v - 24v DC Input
- Highly efficient 5v regulator to power the Raspberry Pi and controller
- Extra filtering for low ripple on power rails
- Highly efficient reverse polarity protection
- Short circuit protection
- External over current protection
- Resettable fuse on 5v rail
- 3.3v - 5v converter for I2C bus
- 16 channel 12-bit PWM controller
- CR1220 battery backup for real time clock
Deluxe Sensor Extension Details
With the deluxe sensor extension you can run 6 sensors, each sensor port has 3 available plug types to match your sensor keeping it plug and play. Simply set the jumper for each port to the plug type you wish to use. You can choose between the optical sensor plug, non-contact sensor plug or the pluggable screw terminal connector which is great for DS18B20 temps sensors or other Arduino based sensors.
- 6 sensor ports total
- 6 dedicated plugs for optical sensors
- 6 dedicated plugs for non-contact sensor
- 6 pluggable screw terminal plugs for other sensor types
Equipment Extension Details
This extension allows you to connect and control LED drivers, 12-24v DC devices and 0-10v controllable equipment such as lights or Jebao compatible pumps.
- 6, 12v - 24v DC ports
- 6 emergency backup ports for DC ports
- 8 auxiliary ports that can be independently switched between 0-5v PWM, 0-10v PWM, 0-5v Analog or 0-10v Analog signals
- 12v - 24v DC input
- Highly efficient reverse polarity protection on main DC input
- Each DC port can support up to 4 amps which is 50w at 12v or 100w at 24v, maximum between all ports is 5 amps
- 12-bit PWM signals
- Auxiliary ports support up to 20mA each
6 or 8 Outlet AC Power Bar
The North America and universal AC power bar circuit board can handle 10 Amp at 120v - 240v, The power bars have no wires internally and are protected with a replaceable 10 Amp fuse.
- 6 or 8 switchable outlets
- On board 5x20mm replaceable 10 Amp fuse
- 120v - 240v AC Input / Output
- Each outlet can support up to 10 Amps
- Power Bar can support up to 10 Amps maximum between all outlets
- Connects to controller using a straight through DB9 9 pin Serial cable (not included)
Reef-pi Deluxe Aquarium Controller with AC Power Bar - Complete Kit
- Product Code: FullPv3Ra
- Availability: In Stock
- $349.95 USD
|North America - Type B Outlet|
|Universal AC Outlet (UK - EU - AU - US)||+ $6.00 USD|
|DS18B20 Waterproof Digital Temperature Sensor Probe 3 meter cable||+ $8.95 USD|
|Optical Water Level Sensor||+ $10.95 USD|
|Reversible Float Switch||+ $3.49 USD|
|XKC-Y25-V Non-Contact Water Sensor||+ $14.49 USD|