This package is the basic controller in a complete kit. The basic controller is the bare minimum Robo-Tank system available but still loaded with ports, 41 to be exact. Most of the ports are fitted to make use of the Robo-Tank line of extensions however you can use them as is for some equipment and there perfect for those of you who enjoy some simple DIY or want to customize your system.
The controller has a fully isolated pH circuit built in, simply plug in any pH probe with a BNC connector and you're ready to accurately monitor your pH. It also has two independent DS18B20 1-wire temperature sensor ports, an automatic fish feeder port, and I2C port for extra devices and further customization and it has 2 hardware-based emergency backup ports for float switches or any other type of switch. These backup ports are tied into two ports on a DB9 plug which line up with two AC outlets using the Robo-Tank AC power bar. These backups are great for critical equipment that needs to turn off no matter what the Raspberry Pi or software says. With the additional 36 ports there isn't much the controller can't be configured for.
The controller also has a RTC real time clock built in with a battery backup, this allows the controller to run without a network and great for areas that experience a lot of power outages. It has also has lots of protections built in to keep it trucking for years to come.
This kit is packaged with a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, I've soldered the header pins to the board so it's plug and play. This is a perfect fit for the controller with the only downside being it doesn't have a hardwire Ethernet connection for the internet, only WiFi. It is possible to plug in a $20 micro-USB to Ethernet adapter if you prefer a hardwire network connection.
Although this is plug and play you still need to load reef-pi on the Raspberry Pi and plug it into the controller. The controller board will be mounted in the case, you just need to remove the lid and the Raspberry Pi plugs in. Here's a manual showing how to do that and one to setup the Raspberry Pi.
- Controller installed in 3D printed case with faceplate
- Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W with header soldered, plug and play compatible.
- Samsung 32gb Pro Endurance microSD card
- 12v - 2amp AC Adapter
- 5, 2-3 pin pluggable screw terminal connectors
- CR1220 Battery Installed (Canada and USA only) International orders need to supply your own.
If you want to monitor pH you need a probe - EXAMPLE
3D Printed Case
The controller comes in a 3D printed case, choose your choice of color on the right side and select which Raspberry Pi you'll be using as the case is custom to it. There may be small defects due to 3D printing but any will be minor and only have a visual effect.
Here are the main features of the controller.
- Isolated pH circuit for accurate and stable readings
- 2 independent DS18B20 1-wire temperature ports
- Automatic fish feeder port
- I2C Port for expansions
- 2 hardware-based backup ports for Power Bar 1, Outlet 1 and 2
- Real Time Clock with battery backup
In addition to this the controller has a variety of 36 ports that can be used with Robo-Tank extensions or on your own project.
- Power Bar 1 DB9 Port - 8 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + optional +5v or +12v
- Power Bar 2 DB9 Port - 8 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + optional +5v or +12v
- Sensors RJ45 Port - 6 Inputs / Outputs + Ground + 5v
- DC Ports RJ45 Port - 7, 0-5v PWM Signals + Ground
- LED Ports RJ45 Port - 7, 0-5v PWM Signals + Ground
- 12v - 24v DC Input
- Highly efficient 5v regulator to power the Raspberry Pi and controller
- Extra filtering for low ripple on power rails
- Highly efficient reverse polarity protection
- Short circuit protection
- External over current protection
- Resettable fuse on 5v rail
- 3.3v - 5v converter for I2C bus
- 16 channel 12-bit PWM controller
- CR1220 battery backup for
Reef-pi Basic Aquarium Controller - Complete Kit
- Product Code: FullBv3Ra
- Availability: In Stock
- $169.95 USD
|Deluxe Sensor Extension with cables||+ $24.95 USD|
|Deluxe Sensor Extension with cables||+ $34.95 USD|
|DS18B20 Waterproof Digital Temperature Sensor Probe 3 meter cable||+ $7.95 USD|
|Optical Water Level Sensor||+ $8.95 USD|
|Reversible Float Switch||+ $2.95 USD|
|XKC-Y25-V Non-Contact Water Sensor||+ $13.49 USD|