Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow Due
Hi Guys, just starting to build and i have come up against a strange problem, My Due takes over 30secs to boot to main screen.
it doesn't seem to make any difference if its completely stand alone (nothing but Due, (Sainsmart)Shield and 7"screen) or connected up with rtc, eeprom, logic level and mega.

Any one got any ideas or is it a case of buying a (real) replacement?
Reply to top
Hmmm, that doesn't sound good. Do you know the address your eeprom is setup to use? I think when this is loaded without an eeprom it acts that way. Have you tried other sketches that don't use the eeprom?
Reply to top
i used i2c scanner sketch with just the eeprom attached and it said device found at 0x50, so all seems to be good there. if i run the quick draw demo it loads instantly (i know its only small)
Reply to top
What do you get from the I2C scanner with the RTC connected and eeprom? After the slow boot up does it work normally? Can you post a pic of your parts? Can you add the following lines to the setup() function in the Due sketch to see where its hanging?

Code:
Serial.println("startup 1");

Add it in 4 or 5 locations in setup() function and change the number 1 to the next number, then open the serial window and see whats happening.
Reply to top
sorry i've not responded for a while, just got back trying to sort this. Anyway - AMAZING DISCOVERY!!! (whilst compiling for mega by mistake) i noticed in the code the line WIRE1.BEGIN - hang on, shouldn't that be WIRE.BEGIN..... AHHH i was using SDA & SCL on pin 20,21 not SDA1 & SCL1 on the other end of the board.
anyway, all sorted now

ON WITH BUILD!!
Reply to top
Wow, would never have guessed that. Now that you mention it I remember when I started someone told me to use SCL1 and SDA1, that was probably the reason. I checked my board and yes everything is connected to SCL1 and SDA1. Glad you figured it out.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connection Ethernet due and power bar board majid.gh 14 15,362 03-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Last Post: rott
  First Display-Test with 5“and 7“ CTE CPLD TFTs on Due Aquadet 5 21,140 02-13-2016, 07:18 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Connect powerbord to Ethernet due Addi 4 6,321 02-13-2016, 06:50 PM
  bluetooth on due Neongt 3 5,453 11-03-2015, 06:17 PM