Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ato help
I have, I believe, my ato set up. I can get it to run in the ui but I can't get it to run off of the sensor. I'm using a non contact sensor. The sensor seems to work based on the light going on and off. Is this something that has to have a major? If so, how do I go about it?
Reply to top
I think I may have put this in the wrong place.
Reply to top
Hi, I just moved the thread to the current thread, no problem. How do you have things setup? In reef-pi if you add a new sensor to the ATO tab it won't appear to be working until you assign a piece of equipment to control, maybe it's related to that?
Reply to top
I'll look at that and let you know
[-] The following 1 user Likes adammac1's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
In ato I have inlet as sensor 1, control equipment, target ato pump. In equipment I have ato pump on power bank 2 outlet 5. It still doesn't work. I know the outlet is correct because I can manually turn it on in the ui. I have 1 non contact sensor and it seems to be working as the light turns on when flagged. I have the jumper in the NC side in the sensor extension.
Reply to top
Sounds like everything is setup correctly, any chance you can post a picture of the ATO settings? The outlet setup is definitely ok as you can turn it on/off from equipment tab, do you have the non-contact plugged in just above the green connector?

For another test can you change the jumper you have at NC to Sensor, then set the jumper above the green connector to "PU". Then take a piece of wire or something metal and short out the GND and Data pin, when you do that the outlet should switch on and off when nothing connected. Here's an image.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F95a...temg706yy8
Reply to top
Does my setup need a pu or pd resistor?
Reply to top
You don't need that jumper, it's only for the green connector, when you do that test you'll need it. This should tell us if it's the non-contact sensor or something else.
Reply to top
Ok, I'll test it tomorrow. Have to get my son to bed. Thanks for the help

Screen shot of ato

Screen shot

I can't seem to post a screen shot of my ato settings
Reply to top
Sounds good. For the picture after you click "Choose Files" there's a button on the right side "Add Attachment" that you have to click. After that another button will appear "Insert Into Post" that will put it in the post, I think that is optional though.
Reply to top
I haven't gotten to this yet. I have a new sensor coming, it's supposed to be here tomorrow. It's a different sensor then the 1 I have. I also wondered if the wiring was different on the sensor that I have compared to what is required for it to work.
Reply to top
Which one do you have? Is it XKC-Y25-V? There's 2 others ending with a slightly different model number, I think the others do need a wire disconnected. I might have the same one and can verify if yours has a model number on it.
Reply to top
The test you gave me to try did not work, the pump did not turn on.
Reply to top
Are you able to post that picture now with the info I posted above? I think it has to be something simple as there isn't much of a circuit involved, just a couple resistors. Also what non-contact sensor do you have?
Reply to top
Screen shot

Still can't get the screen shot to post. I'll keep trying

I'm also thinking that it's something on my end, I'm missing something in the setup possibly.

I sent the pictures to your email
Reply to top
In AUTO, it is necessary to set the device/macro and then select the appropriate port or which macro to control using a float
Reply to top
Sorry it won't allow you to post the images but I got them in the email. Looks like you have the "Status" field set to "disabled", change that to enabled. That setting will turn off the sensor so it doesn't work. Also lower the "check frequency" from 120 seconds to 1 second. With it set to 120 seconds it'll only read the sensor state every 2 minutes. Also change the "one shot" feature to disabled as you want the sensor to always work.

Hi Loksik, yeah if you use macros you need to set that however in Adams case he's using the "equipment" control feature.
Reply to top
That seems to have done the trick. Thanks a million. I'm going to order some sensors from you, it seems as though the ones I bought aren't working correctly
Reply to top
Right on and no problem. Yeah unfortunately a lot of sensors are wired different or have a different resistor requirement, that's why the sensor extension has so many ports.
Reply to top
So on my sensor the wiring is exactly the same. The problem I'm having is that when I unplug the sensor the pump starts up, when I plug the sensor it the pump stops like it triggered. Is there anything else I should check, or is the internal wiring different?
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ATO Issues mginster 15 6,559 09-07-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Ato no longer works adammac1 3 2,584 12-29-2022, 10:39 PM
  ATO w/ V6.5 Cruz427 3 2,655 12-16-2022, 09:18 PM
  Replacement ATO Sensor Mount (+ sensors, too) RyKl 1 1,856 12-05-2022, 02:21 PM