Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ato help
Does the sensor have a model number on it?
Reply to top
Unfortunately I don't see anything other then what Amazon says. It's a tacident fs ir02 optical water level sensor
Reply to top
I went ahead and ordered some sensors from you, at least I will know that they are compatible
Reply to top
Got your order, thanks! That optical sensor should work, we were talking about a non-contact sensor, if you got them mixed up and plugged the optical sensor into the non-contact sensor port that sensor will have been damaged. The power wires are reverse polarity on each of them. The top two connectors for each port are the optical sensors.
Reply to top
Is there any thing else you can think of that I should check? I still can't get it to work correctly. I'm wondering if the optical sensor is bad, but it seems odd that both of them would be bad.
Reply to top
Yeah it's a little odd for both to be faulty, I forgot earlier you mentioned you had the port jumper set to NC, that should be set to Opt instead. That jumper only enables the plugs it's set to, if it's on NC the optical connectors won't work. Here's a visual of how it should be set.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F95a...=h.2xcytpi
Reply to top
I changed it to opt when I had the optical sensor plugged in, it still didn't work. When I have the NC sensor in, it work backwards, the pump turns on when it's triggered. It needs to turn on when the sensor isn't triggered. Is there a way to change it?

It's in a normally closed state. I need in in a normally open state.
Reply to top
I could be confused, I've been thinking you were thinking the optical sensor was a non-contact sensor but this sounds like you have both and weren't confused on what was what. For the non-contact working opposite of what you want can be change in reef-pi doing the following.
  • Go to the "configuration" tab, then to the "connectors" sub tab.
  • Scroll down the page until you get to the "inlets" section, there you should see the 6 sensor ports. 
  • Edit the sensor port you're using and tick the "reverse" option and save.
  • Now go the the "admin" sub tab and press the "reload" button.
After that the sensor should work as expected. If any sensor of equipment port is operating opposite of what you want you can change it like above.
Reply to top
That did it. Thank you for all your help.
Reply to top
Right on, as for the optical sensor not working if that's the only one it's possible it was dead on arrival, I have seen that before.
Reply to top
I'll try it again now that it is working right.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ATO Issues mginster 15 6,273 09-07-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Ato no longer works adammac1 3 2,520 12-29-2022, 10:39 PM
  ATO w/ V6.5 Cruz427 3 2,577 12-16-2022, 09:18 PM
  Replacement ATO Sensor Mount (+ sensors, too) RyKl 1 1,811 12-05-2022, 02:21 PM