Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ato no longer works
My ato stopped working. I've tried new cables, new sensor, new outlet box to no avail. With the outlet box from robo tank, the ato would come on at random and not shut off with the sensor. With the new outlet box it just doesn't work at all.
Reply to top
Hi, sorry to hear this. Looks like you have 2 controllers, I'm wondering if it's a setting in reef-pi. When you setup the optical sensors did you tick the "reverse" option for the "connector" in reef-pi?
Reply to top
I'm not sure what you mean by 2 controllers. I only have 1 main board. I did check the reverse button
Reply to top
Sorry for the long delay, I was away. I just went though our past emails and see what you have, sorry I got things mixed up. Sorry things haven't gone so smoothly for you, I looked at the thread where you had issues trying to get the ATO sensors working, in the end it sounds like that was sorted, was that on the first sensor extension or the second?

Do you know if the optical sensor ever get fully submersed in water? If so there's a good chance it got damaged as water can get in where the cable enters. That would explain why it suddenly stopped working.

Have you tried other sensor ports? The sensor extension only has some resistors so I would be surprised if that was faulty. I saw some pictures you sent of the ATO settings, did you change the check frequency to 1 second instead of the 120 seconds?

What happens if you setup the port on the sensor extension for a float switch, will it work like that? Here's a link showing how to configure it, if you don't have a float switch you can simply short out the 2 pins on the green sensor socket which would be the same as a float switch closed.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1F95a...lvlouvq7ae
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ATO Issues mginster 15 6,425 09-07-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  ATO w/ V6.5 Cruz427 3 2,630 12-16-2022, 09:18 PM
  Replacement ATO Sensor Mount (+ sensors, too) RyKl 1 1,838 12-05-2022, 02:21 PM
  Ato help adammac1 30 12,021 10-22-2022, 08:33 AM
Last Post: adammac1