Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recom's led drivers
Hi Rob,

I am making DIY leds light and i have got RCD-24 Recom drivers. After first trials, it works on the other side, 255 leds off and 0 leds on... Is it due to those drivers?

Dom.
Reply to top
Hi Dom, that's strange, I pulled up a datasheet for them and it says it can be dimmed via analog or digital signal and you have to set it up for the one you want. Maybe that will help, if you go to page L6 you'll see some diagrams for wiring, maybe you can spot something there that's backwards.

http://www.recom-power.com/pdf/Lightline/RCD-24.pdf
Reply to top
Same result and it seems that Recom rcd drivers work at the opposite of Meanwell LDD drivers. When i apply 10v, leds come off and with 0v they are on. I guess it is difficult, but are there some lignes i could change on your code, to reverse that? Otherwise i need to change for LDD.
Reply to top
That's no good. I'm leaving for the day but when I get back I'll take a look and see what you can change to get them working.
Reply to top
Hi Dom, well I hate to say it but it would be a lot of work to flip the voltages around. The way it works is a value of 4095 is sent to the IC for full power and 0 is sent for no power. So this would need to be reverse, the problem is there are many instances where the value is sent. If you give me a few weeks I can try and make an option so they work opposite. You should still be able to use those drivers if you don't mind setting your options in reverse on the display.
Reply to top
It would be kind of you to do that and intéressons for those who having same drivers.
So i can wait few weeks...??

(07-05-2016, 10:19 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Dom, well I hate to say it but it would be a lot of work to flip the voltages around. The way it works is a value of 4095 is sent to the IC for full power and 0 is sent for no power. So this would need to be reverse, the problem is there are many instances where the value is sent. If you give me a few weeks I can try and make an option so they work opposite. You should still be able to use those drivers if you don't mind setting your options in reverse on the display.

(07-06-2016, 03:13 AM)Dom59 Wrote: It would be kind of you to do that and interesting for those who having same drivers.
So i can wait few weeks...??
Reply to top
I would like to get it working for those drivers, in the end I hope all drivers to work with it. I need a few weeks because I'm quite busy right now, work has picked up some as well but I will take a look at it.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fluval Pro LED Lights - PWM Walkthrough jlysaght3 33 29,743 04-19-2022, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  LED dimming Skwerl77 13 12,219 06-18-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Skwerl77
  LED DRIVER AND BOARD aron04 21 21,474 09-14-2017, 12:16 AM
  LED DRIVER 10PWM AND 10 ANALOG apanelmarcin 4 6,524 07-16-2017, 04:28 PM