Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LED DRIVER AND BOARD
I orderd a  Rapid Led  light kit and wanted to know if these parts will work with the Robo-tank complete kit.  
LDD-H-4 board + LDD-H drivers + SE-350-48 power supply
Reply to top
they should work put the drivers on the board and use the PSU for power to Led's then the controller has 5v coming out use that going right to the pwm pin should work great make sure to test every thing fist make sure the lights will come on... And after the pwm is connected make sure they will ramp if not you probably need a common ground start PSU to controller usually fix's it. just make sure you are sharing a common ground for all parts.
Reply to top
Hi Aron04, yeah the LDD's work with the controller, the signal from the controller goes directly to the LDD's dimming wire. As rott mentioned make sure the ground is shared by everything otherwise they won't dim.
Reply to top
Hi
i have LDD 1000H
I connected directly to LDD
But it does not work K05106
Reply to top
Hi majid.gh, make sure the ground is common between the controller and LDD's otherwise it won't dim.
Reply to top
please see

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
thee is no pwm -

you have ground for the driver plugged in to the driver board that current follows threw to ground of PSU and PSU is ground to controller that is why it is called (common) ground
Reply to top
pwm + :  CH1  (connectors Board )   K0509
pwm -  :  GND  (connectors Board ) K0509
Reply to top
yup 2 pins from the ground and from + side to go for it
Reply to top
Thanks for the for the info. I have finished the lights just.Wanted to make sure I didn't need to order some other part for them to work.
Reply to top
Rob
please Guidance
Reply to top
Hi Majid, here's a diagram that shows what goes to each pin. You'll probably want more than 12 volts for the input though, usually 48v is used so you can connect more LED's to each driver.

[Image: LDD-wiring.jpg]
Reply to top
(02-15-2016, 04:16 PM)aron04 Wrote: Thanks for the for the info. I have finished the lights just.Wanted to make sure I didn't need to order some other part for them to work.

No problem, post some pics when their done. Smile
Reply to top
Will do .
Reply to top

Hello,
 I have those Ldd boards. When there is no signal (controller off), leds are 100% on. Somebody knows if there is an option for having 0% ?.  

Dom.
Reply to top
Hi Dom, I don't have that board but have LDD's, when I disconnect my common ground wire from controller they'll turn on 100%, if I unplug power from the controller but leave ground attached they stay at 0%. That board looks like it simply holds LDD's so maybe check that the common ground is still connected when controller is off.
Reply to top
[attachment=275]Hello Rob,

Ok i'll try. But if it does not works i found that :
Reply to top
Looks good, hopefully that'll solve it.
Reply to top
I have the 4 channel version and it works like a charm
Just fit the LLD's in them and almost done
+ and - to the LED power supply
PWM to the PWM+ of the robo-tank
- from the LED powersupply to the PWM- of the robo-tank to have a common ground

Output Should be self explainatory

I have the ones with build in 1K pull-down resistors in order to switch off the LDD's in case the PWM goes out
Reply to top
That's probably the 1k resistor Dom has in that diagram. I see a location on Dom's board for a resistor, that's likely where it goes.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fluval Pro LED Lights - PWM Walkthrough jlysaght3 33 27,443 04-19-2022, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Troubleshoot display board Skwerl77 7 6,860 08-22-2018, 05:03 PM
  LED dimming Skwerl77 13 11,553 06-18-2018, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Skwerl77
  LED DRIVER 10PWM AND 10 ANALOG apanelmarcin 4 6,328 07-16-2017, 04:28 PM