Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7" screen not working
I ordered an assembled kit from Rob. I have plugged everything in and loaded the sketches into the Arduinos. But the screen will not light up. All the lights on the boards are on, I have tried adding power directly to the display shield plug. I checked and there is power going to the display both 3.3 and 5v. I know I am missing something, any ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks
Reply to top
Which screen do you have? Did you use the UTouchCD file from the calibrations folder? Also, check line 47 of the display sketch and make sure the correct screen is picked and the others screens are commented out.

Should look like this:
// Uncomment the display you have, be sure the others are commented out using // at the beginning
//UTFT myGLCD(TFT01_70, 25, 26, 27, 28); // used for ElecFreaks and Sainsmart 7" Display
//UTFT myGLCD(TFT01_50, 25, 26, 27, 28); // used for ElecFreaks and Sainsmart 5" Display
UTFT myGLCD (CPLD, 25, 26, 27, 28); //For 5" and 7“ CPLD Displays
Reply to top
Chris, did you get it working?
Reply to top
I am hoping to get to it tonight. Work has had me slammed. Thank you for your suggestions I appreciate it. I'll let you know how it goes.
Reply to top
Hello ChrisC if you didn't read threw the first block of code and change that to your default screen size it could cause problems also what screen manufacture due you have if it is Sain Smart they cause a lot problems if not configured correctly
Reply to top
Good news I got it working, You were right the setting was wrong in the sketch. Another minor problem I ran into was I copied the Images folder to the SD card not just the images. After correcting that everything is looking good. Thanks for all your help.
Reply to top
Great glad Tupac advice worked
Reply to top
Happy to hear it worked out for you, enjoy!
Reply to top
Thanks for all the help on the forum guys, I really appreciate it! Let me know how its going ChrisC on one of the threads.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ATO not working right brfreeman7 16 12,302 01-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Housing for unit and screen. cjbriere 10 11,747 03-07-2016, 07:11 PM
Last Post: rott