Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Displayed Light Temperature
Rob, where is this strange value coming from? Do you really think it is generated by the sensor, noise or something?
Why isn't here a degree character present when these strange values a displayed? Not enough room?

Reply to top
(01-31-2017, 04:19 AM)Arne Wrote: Rob, where is this strange value coming from? Do you really think it is generated by the sensor, noise or something?
Why isn't here a degree character present when these strange values a displayed? Not enough room?

I just added something, I mentioned in previous post, that will tell us that answer. I added a line of code at the end of the function being used to read the sensor. If anything over 100.00 degrees is read it will throw it away and won't be recorded by the variable being used. So if its coming from the sensor you should never see 2570 as that's much higher than 100. If you still get it then it's what I was talking about at first. I have a feeling its coming from the sensor, I was doing some reading and lots of people get bad data from the sensor once and a while, some blame it on OneWire, others blame it on other things. :) Should be able to solve it in the code though.

EDIT: You can download the change now if you want.

EDIT: Unfortunately its almost 3:30am here so needless to say I need to get to bed, I'll be back though. :) Have a good day.
Reply to top
Yeah it coming from sensor. DS18B20 temp probe is 12 bit, and so probe gives you values between 0 - 4096. And when it outputs wrong value in some reason, display "dont' get it" and displays it like a temp. And it is off course pretty high, so there is no space to show that celcius mark. You can see those values, best when you switch view to min/max.

There is example ( i removed ground wire, just to get this photo) :D

Reply to top
Maybe the sensor wiring has to be shielded...
My water temp sensor works great, it has the same sensor, in a metal shield it is.
But I think this sensor cable is shielded.

Reply to top
Shielding can only help, I don't think the sensors I have are shielded, if they are its almost nothing. Hopefully that change I made will fix it.

EDIT: Just uploaded new sketches again, you only need to upload the controller sketch, didn't change anything on display, hopefully that makes it easier.
Reply to top
What's the name of the uploaded sketch Rob?
I thought you named it V3.00... ;-)
Does it have the pump and temp fix?

Reply to top
Just fixed the name, its v3.01. Has the fixes. I also sorted out the home page view of the pumps, now if pump 5-8 runs and pump 1-4 is being viewed the data won't change and vice versa. That's not in these files though, I'll be uploading another tomorrow I hope and will have that. I'm in the middle of other stuff so don't want it up just yet.
Reply to top
No problem Rob, take your time... ;-)

Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Light after restart Arne 9 9,149 03-21-2017, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Light channels influence each other Arne 29 27,164 12-20-2016, 06:02 PM
  Light output lower end Slider, Gen1 vs Gen2 Arne 10 10,239 12-18-2016, 09:57 PM
  "Strange" light mode... Arne 1 3,339 12-16-2016, 06:13 AM