Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light after restart
Hi,

I'm busy working on an emergency power generator in case we have a main power failure, like we had last week...
I noticed that when Robo-Tank is in e.g. "High Sun" mode and the power is switched off and on again, my light stays dark after Robo-Tank started.
The display shows the "High Sun" icon though.
I haven't measured whether there are pulses at the PWM outputs but maybe Rob can tell a bit more... Biggrin

Reply to top
Hi Arne
I am interested in emergency power set up's are you doing your whole hose or just the tank?
I currently have diagramed out each room in my house and every fixture and plug and where it comes back to my breaker box. ( a lot of this was done for home automation )
I have a 15amp line that starts at my fish tank then goes to my basement where the real life support for the tank is pumps, air, heat, etc... from there goes to the laundry room that also has a large stand up energy efficient freezer then back to the breaker box. So if any thing goes wrong for a long period of time I can hook my gas generator up the electric dryer plug 240v and back feed the panel which will give power to all the lines in the breaker box that I have on. I only have a couple emergency lines on for needed things and most lighting has been changed to LED so it takes a lot of the strain of right there.

I am going to change my generator over to 3 way this summer
gas
natural gas
propane
Reply to top
(03-18-2017, 08:24 AM)Arne Wrote: Hi,

I'm busy working on an emergency power generator in case we have a main power failure, like we had last week...
I noticed that when Robo-Tank is in e.g. "High Sun" mode and the power is switched off and on again, my light stays dark after Robo-Tank started.
The display shows the "High Sun" icon though.
I haven't measured whether there are pulses at the PWM outputs but maybe Rob can tell a bit more... Biggrin

Does light go on if you press "resume" button then ?
Reply to top
I didn't try Niksun, I just looked and waited to see what would happen if power gets restored.
It isn't such a big problem when the lights stay off, the fish and corals will survive that...

I just bought a cheap Chinese gas generator. Now I'm going to make some electronics to monitor the mains, control the choke, start the generator, check whether we have emergency power (and if needed re-start), put the choke off and switch off the generator when main power is restored.

It will be placed next to the oil central heater so I can lead the exhaust gasses into the chimnee.

Reply to top
Oops, that's not supposed to happen, I'll look at it tonight, should be an easy fix. The light should go to current schedule after a restart, if it was in the middle of a fade it would go to the mode it was fading to.
Reply to top
Arne that is a lot more high tech than mine.
Reply to top
I have to make the electronics though... ;-)

Reply to top
when you start making them can you take pictures and do a step by step for posting on this forum would be a good thing to have and can be used for almost any kind of generator with a little tweaking to make it work for everyone :)
Reply to top
Yes, you have to do a little tweaking but not that much.
Like I said, I bought a cheap, electric starting, Chinese generator for this.
I think it can be done... ;-)

Reply to top
Sorry it took so long, I think I got it fixed. You can download v3.30 again and upload just the display sketch then it should work.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  After installation from 4,2 to 5,13 problem vilich 22 14,763 06-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Last Post: vilich
  Heaters did not shut off after maintenance midwestE 6 5,728 03-09-2019, 07:13 AM
Last Post: midwestE
  Displayed Light Temperature Arne 27 22,874 02-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Arne
  Light channels influence each other Arne 29 26,789 12-20-2016, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Rob F