Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Light channels influence each other
I did some more tests and I experience the exact same thing you are. K0587  After some testing it turns out the extra circuits are affecting the very low end of the 0-5v PWM signal so its not software related, that part tests ok. I checked for a solution to fix this, here's what I come up with.

If 8 channels is enough for your setup use channel 9-16 for 0-5v PWM signal. If you need more than eight channels and don't care to use anything other than 0-5v PWM signal here's a mod that can be done. It requires moving a resistor and soldering across the resistor pads so its closed, then run a jumper from one header to another. I added some extra jumpers which should work, there's should also be a spare header that can be soldered where the other end meets or the jumper can be soldered directly to the board. Here's an image showing how it should look. I did the mod to channel 1 and now it works as expected.

Sorry for trouble.

[Image: LED_Channel_Mod.JPG]
Reply to top
Thanks Rob, it's not the end of the world... ;-)
At the end, testing is a boring but good thing...

Modifying this way makes it a bit tricky because we have to rely on the soldering mask 100%.
Using 0R resistors would be better in stead of a soldering jumper but hey, it can be done this way and you will soon find out if the soldering mask is still in tact... ;-)

I did it a bit different because I wanted the outputs to be 100% electronically the same as the others, in yours they're not.
I think you can leave the opamps and maybe even the resistors on the board but I don't have the schematics over here so maybe you can jump in Rob.

This is what I did:

Reply to top
Thanks for understanding, I feel terrible about it. K0587  That's perfect the way you did it, I checked the schematic and it should be a go, the current is very low so it should be ok.
Reply to top
Don't feel terrible, you're doing a great job.
Making mistakes makes us human... ;-)

Reply to top
Thanks Arne.
Reply to top
Now I can flash the latest software (again)... ;-))))))
Take a deep breath Rob and go to bed, it must be late over there.

Reply to top
If I understand correctly.
Red - remove (IC resistors)
Yellow - jumper

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
That's correct Irass... ;)

Reply to top
OK
what is the size of icon "r77.raw" and small "r87.raw"
Reply to top
(12-20-2016, 02:22 PM)Irass Wrote: OK
what is the size of icon "r77.raw" and small "r87.raw"

Hi Irass, the "r77.raw" is 83x99 pixels

"r87.raw" is 60x60.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Light after restart Arne 9 9,131 03-21-2017, 06:58 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Displayed Light Temperature Arne 27 23,113 02-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Arne
  Light output lower end Slider, Gen1 vs Gen2 Arne 10 10,203 12-18-2016, 09:57 PM
  "Strange" light mode... Arne 1 3,329 12-16-2016, 06:13 AM