Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power bar woes
Sad 
So I don't know if I'm doing something completely wrong or just being a dimwit but I can't get my Power Bar to work.  I've had my reef-pi for a couple of months and have tried off and on to get it set up.  It's all bought off the website, so no DIY errors as far as I know.  I upgraded to 6.0 to see if that would help but no.  When I click any of the channels on, I don't hear the solenoid click and no power goes to any of the channels.  I'm using a Raspberry Pi 3+ as the controller.  I used the google docs for the PIN numbers. Any help is appreciated.
Reply to top
Hi smokey2074, very sorry for the long delay, I just replied to your email, here's my message. If you still have problems let me know.

Hi Mike, sorry for the long delay, I was on vacation and lost access to my home computer the last week.

It looks like you have the pins configured correctly, after you add connectors in reef-pi you need to reload the program by clicking on “configuration” tab and then “admin” subtab and press the “reload” button. It’s possible a reboot allow won’t work but it should.

If it still doesn’t work maybe try running my install script which setups the Pi for the controller. You should be able to go to step 4 and run the install script as you already have the OS installed. If you run this you will loss anything you’ve already setup.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t9ma...o3woZ/edit

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks
Rob
Reply to top
Hey Rob,
A reinstall did the trick! Now I have all channels working as expected. Thanks for the help!
Reply to top
Right on, glad that got it going.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Power bar input voltage? frankp 2 1,364 05-06-2023, 05:11 AM
Last Post: frankp
  power bar 2 on pins 8 and 11 stopped working loksik.lubos 4 3,034 07-07-2022, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Standalone power board gandalf 5 3,587 02-04-2022, 07:53 PM
  Power Bar Outlets 1 and 2 not working? Coloredrock 3 2,946 02-02-2022, 06:28 PM