Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ph Probe
Hey, I'm trying to get my ph reading. I connected the probe (BRS probe). Added the input and the driver. Then set it up under the ph tab. I'm not getting any reading. I must be missing something.
Reply to top
Hi Brooks, after you added the input on connectors did you press the "reload" button on admin tab? Did you use address 99 for the driver? Are you getting any errors, something should show up, try opening the calibration window to see if any errors show up.
Reply to top
ok found an error. Wow those are hidden.

ph subsystem: Failed read probe:PH ProbeError:Failed to execute. Error:
Reply to top
Thanks, if the pH calibration window is open the errors should popup in the background as they happen.

In the Pi terminal window can you type in the following command, it should print a list of addresses, 40, 70 and 63.

i2cdetect -y 1
Reply to top
Did you install reef-pi manually or using the install script? If manually can you try running the script, this page explains how.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t9ma...5qkcuznso3

There's a few Pi related settings that could be causing the issue, this will sort that if it's the case.
Reply to top
I get this error when i type in the command.

Error: Could not open file `/dev/i2c-1' or `/dev/i2c/1': No such file or directory

(05-14-2021, 06:17 PM)Rob F Wrote: Did you install reef-pi manually or using the install script? If manually can you try running the script, this page explains how.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t9ma...5qkcuznso3

There's a few Pi related settings that could be causing the issue, this will sort that if it's the case.

SWEET!!!! got it working thanks!
Reply to top
(05-15-2021, 04:17 PM)Brooks Wrote: SWEET!!!! got it working thanks!

Great, glad it worked out.
Reply to top
Hmmm something happened to my probe again.

im getting this:

ph subsystem: Failed read probe:PH@Error:write /dev/i2c-1: remote I/O error

pi@reefPi:~ $ i2cdetect -y 1
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f
00: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
10: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
20: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
30: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
40: 40 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
50: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
60: -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
70: 70 -- -- -- -- -- -- --
pi@reefPi:~ $
Reply to top
Oh no, sorry, that likely happened due to a voltage spike or drop, it was a problem in the past that I've been able to solve however your board doesn't have the fix. Can you try resetting the circuit, here's an image showing a jumper, short out that pad while the controller is running, the light circled will flash 4 times when it resets. After that unplug power from the controller, plug back in and it should be working again.

[Image: top_reset.jpg]
Reply to top
Hey Rob

I think I have a different board.

[Image: R9dDUQr.jpg]

[Image: rEUXTt8.jpg]
Reply to top
Ok, here's a pic of that one showing the two points marked, if you have a paper clip or something to short them out it's the same as with the jumper. I think that one board should be programmed to be reset but it'll take about 8 seconds of shorting out those pads before the LED flashes so it feels like it won't happen but it should.

[Image: pH_reset.jpg]
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PH Probe Reading 0 DylanF1 8 1,688 01-26-2024, 01:43 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Temperature Probe 2 Not Working DylanF1 3 905 01-26-2024, 01:42 AM
  Temperature probe DS18B20 connection kurby-reef 4 2,164 03-06-2022, 03:40 PM
  PH Probe stopped Brooks 5 2,927 06-09-2021, 01:13 PM