Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank Setup
I have had mine for a while, and originally I reused a sd card with reef-pi already installed and the outlets and temperature probes worked fine, but I could not get the ph probe or any of the DC ports to work. So I decided to do a from scratch install following the manuals. After all is done, I went to add the drivers, and I can add the PH Driver no problem, but when I try to add the Extra Ports driver I get an error message. 
{"error":Failed to create. Error:
remote I/O error"} | HTTP 500

Thanks,
Mike

PS: I have not installed this in the robo-tank yet. Is this the issue? Does it need to be able to detect the PCA9685 chip before it can install the driver?
Reply to top
Hi Mike, what version of reef-pi are you running? I believe v3.3.1 requires the PCA9685 to be present to add the driver but that has been removed.
Reply to top
It installed version 3.5.
Reply to top
So I swapped out the card and sure enough that fixed it. Also got the PH probe working. Now I need to figure out the DC ports
Reply to top
Good to hear, here's a link showing how to connect to DC ports.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vko1...=h.2jxsxqh

If you installed with the script you should have the connectors setup already, if you go to Equipment tab and add a new item you should see 4 ports in the drop down list. Select one and you should be able to turn on/off.

Also remember DC port 1, 2 and 3 have a backup float port, you need to add a jumper to the backup plug if you don't want a backup float otherwise the DC port will not work.
Reply to top
Thanks for the help. I figured out the jumper thing just before you posted lol. I got some 12v LED lights working off of DC Port 4 and dosing pumps on 1 and 2. Next is try and get a non contact sensor on my ato resivour working
Reply to top
No problem, glad things are coming along.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dosing Pump Setup BlakeD 4 1,910 05-18-2023, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  PWM Setup plecosam 5 2,191 04-12-2023, 08:46 PM
  PWM setup help Supernova 3 2,373 09-26-2021, 09:07 AM
  Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly kfialkowski 4 3,556 11-09-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: JFReyes