Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with getting ReefPi Dev Environment setup Correctly
I am in the process of setting up my computer to allow me to work on the development of REEF-PI

I am following the doc at https://reef-pi.github.io/additional-documentation/development/

Here are the Steps   - versions  and error

-------------------------------

Ubuntu ver  : 20.04  LTS server amd64

Sudo apt-get update
Sudo apt-get ugrade

Go ver;           : go1.15.4.linux-amd64.tar.gz

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:longsleep/golang-backports
Code:
sudo apt update
Code:
sudo apt install golang-go
Code:

adminreefer@reefer:~$ go version
         go version go1.15.2 linux/amd64

NODEJS & NPM

Code:
sudo apt install nodejs npm

adminreefer@reefer:~$ node --version
v10.19.0
adminreefer@reefer:~$ npm --version

INSTALL REEFPI

export GOPATH=/home/adminreefer/goarea

sudo git clone https://github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi.git $GOPATH/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi

cd

$GOPATH
Code:
/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi

make install

make

HERE Is the error after running MAKE command

ERROR in ./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss
Module build failed (from ./node_modules/mini-css-extract-plugin/dist/loader.js):
ModuleBuildError: Module build failed (from ./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js):
ValidationError: Invalid options object. PostCSS Loader has been initialized using an options object that does not match the API schema.
- options has an unknown property 'plugins'. These properties are valid:
  object { postcssOptions?, execute?, sourceMap? }
    at validate (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/postcss-loader/node_modules/schema-utils/dist/validate.js:104:11)
    at Object.loader (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/index.js:43:29)
    at runLoaders (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/webpack/lib/NormalModule.js:316:20)
    at /home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:367:11
    at /home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/loader-runner/lib/LoaderRunner.js:233:18
@ ./front-end/src/app.jsx 23:0-20
@ ./front-end/src/entry.js
Child HtmlWebpackCompiler:
    1 asset
    Entrypoint HtmlWebpackPlugin_0 = __child-HtmlWebpackPlugin_0
    [./node_modules/html-webpack-plugin/lib/loader.js!./front-end/assets/home.html] 520 bytes {HtmlWebpackPlugin_0} [built]
Child mini-css-extract-plugin node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js??ref--6-2!node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js!front-end/assets/sass/style.scss:
    Entrypoint mini-css-extract-plugin = *
    [./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js?!./node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js!./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss] ./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js??ref--6-2!./node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js!./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss 636 bytes {mini-css-extract-plugin} [built] [failed] [1 error]

ERROR in ./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss (./node_modules/css-loader/dist/cjs.js!./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js??ref--6-2!./node_modules/sass-loader/dist/cjs.js!./front-end/assets/sass/style.scss)
    Module build failed (from ./node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/cjs.js):
    ValidationError: Invalid options object. PostCSS Loader has been initialized using an options object that does not match the API schema.
    - options has an unknown property 'plugins'. These properties are valid:
      object { postcssOptions?, execute?, sourceMap? }
        at validate (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/postcss-loader/node_modules/schema-utils/dist/validate.js:104:11)
        at Object.loader (/home/adminreefer/goarea/src/github.com/reef-pi/reef-pi/node_modules/postcss-loader/dist/index.js:43:29)
Reply to top
Sorry can't help you there but maybe someone will jump in.
Reply to top
@kfialkowski:

I examined your posted error log in detail and could not find a quick solution to the problem, sorry. Did you get any error messages doing 'make install'? The log points to a problem with 'options' in front-end/assets/sass/style.scss but in my copy it looks like a regular .scss file and the word options doesn't appear anywhere.

Try erasing the whole installation and restarting from the github clone step; perhaps there was a problem with the download.
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JFReyes's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
I did not get any error on make install at all.

BUT

I spent all night redoing all of the NPM packages and found that if I did the following everything worked and I now have a functioning site ;

Downgraded to postcss-loader v3 to work (not ideal, but does the job for now):
npm uninstall postcss-loader --save-dev
npm install postcss-loader@~3.0.0 --save-dev

I then ran the make without any errors
Reply to top
(11-09-2020, 10:42 AM)kfialkowski Wrote: I did not get any error on make install at all.

BUT

I spent all night redoing all of the NPM packages and found that if I did the following everything worked and I now have a functioning site ;

Downgraded to postcss-loader v3 to work (not ideal, but does the job for now):
npm uninstall postcss-loader --save-dev
npm install postcss-loader@~3.0.0 --save-dev

I then ran the make without any errors

Excellent! Glad you could solve it and thanks for sharing the information.

Cheers,
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dosing Pump Setup BlakeD 4 1,624 05-18-2023, 09:09 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  PWM Setup plecosam 5 1,947 04-12-2023, 08:46 PM
  Temp Sensor Custom Rule Issue Andrew 19 6,386 01-23-2023, 04:31 PM
Last Post: Andrew
  Getting updated reef-pi code from JFReyes JFReyes 76 44,616 10-21-2022, 07:22 PM