Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
regulate the water temperature
Hi Rob,
the controller is getting better and better!! K0507

One question:
Would i be possible to regulate the water temperature in the course of the day?
During the day warmer and colder at night. That would correspond to the natural conditions. I think it is not required many individual points to define, it is enough to adjust one temperature for the day and one temperature for the night because the water is slowly heated and cooled again.

That would be a good way to save energy and to offer the fishes more natural conditions.
Reply to top
Hi Roland, thanks, I can't wait to get this update out so I can start another.  Smile

I could see that being a problem for the colder climates, during the winter my tank is usually 75 because the heater is always working. In the summer I do get the warmer days and cooler nights like you described. That is a neat idea, nights I could set to 72 and days 75 and it would slowly swing up or down.

I would love to say it'll be done in a week but you know how that goes. After this update I plan to do a "quicker" update which will improve some of the current features, this could be one of them, my biggest problem is remembering to do it.
Reply to top
with the exception of fighting the temp inside my house. It is kept at 70 and my tank is 78 to 80 and it is total 250 gal so with out running a chiller to bring it down it wont (naturally) drop that much at night and that is right now I have 4 inches of snow on the ground from the last storm :( 2 night ago and summer coming I could never get my tanks to cool like that unless you have hole house AC and I don't
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Water change capabilities Elmo2002 7 6,691 10-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Displayed Light Temperature Arne 27 22,847 02-01-2017, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Arne
  Water Flow Sensor ChrisC 1 4,037 01-15-2016, 05:17 PM
  Cooling fan/s ON/OFF depending on light temperature sassod 6 7,649 12-18-2015, 12:59 AM