Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Software Updates
Yeah it still logs every 8min 35sec, the layout is the same, just squeezed the view buttons so there was more room for data values on right side. That's cool you're doing the mysql database, I was planning to do that one day. Then there's real power to generate them and no limits but I like them on the display first. :) The nice thing with them on the web is data can probably be overlapped on same charts so its easy to compare things. Definitely limited on the Arduino. I'm only writing data every 8.5min because of speed issues and that's pushing it. Each file has 336 lines, 168 data and 168 timestamp/ID and each file has be read twice, once to get min/max and then to fill graph. So to view a month it has to read over 20,000 lines with all the months and it gets slow. Nice thing is daily view is basically instant and weekly should be ok. It's nice to see you do all these customizations, in the Gen1 it was very difficult to impossible.
Reply to top
(02-07-2017, 03:35 AM)Rob F Wrote: Yeah it still logs every 8min 35sec, the layout is the same, just squeezed the view buttons so there was more room for data values on right side. That's cool you're doing the mysql database, I was planning to do that one day. Then there's real power to generate them and no limits but I like them on the display first. :) The nice thing with them on the web is data can probably be overlapped on same charts so its easy to compare things. Definitely limited on the Arduino. I'm only writing data every 8.5min because of speed issues and that's pushing it. Each file has 336 lines, 168 data and 168 timestamp/ID and each file has be read twice, once to get min/max and then to fill graph. So to view a month it has to read over 20,000 lines with all the months and it gets slow. Nice thing is daily view is basically instant and weekly should be ok. It's nice to see you do all these customizations, in the Gen1 it was very difficult to impossible.

Now it is working. For now i send database only to water and light temp. Later this week i add all values :) Also i just testing now, and arduino sends values every 5 minutes (i don't know which is best maybe every minutes ?) Also i don't just know which chart type i use :D Or will i put everything same chart etc.

I just put up test site http://niksu.fi chart does not yet refresh automaticaly. i do it later today. I just use it test how it looks when i get more and more data.
Reply to top
very cool niksunen.. I really do like the idea Of a MySQL driven website to store data and could be very slick page:)
Reply to top
Yeah, i like to put lots of charts. Daily, weekly, monthly. Year etc. And off course there going to be also power usage values also :) Doses left can be added also and lots of more.
Reply to top
I like the idea of charts that are clickable for any point and get a reading from that point in time

these are cool for making a website and free but rob can not add them to robo tank it would have to be a tutorial kinda thing to make them work or he would get charged if he was to just add them as is :(
http://www.highcharts.com/demo
Reply to top
(02-07-2017, 10:20 AM)rott Wrote: I like the idea of charts that are clickable for any point and get a reading from that point in time

these are cool for making a website and free but rob can not add them to robo tank it would have to be a tutorial kinda thing to make them work or he would get charged if he was to just add them as is :(
http://www.highcharts.com/demo

Haha :D im just reading that page, and adding those zoomable charts to test it :D And then i find out that you linked same site here :)
Reply to top
when reading that you will see on page 2 I think you can get the website to read a string from the arduino or maybe the other way around its been a while

but I am glad you like that page those graphs are great you can use the graphs and the stock pointers to give stuff a different look
Reply to top
Looks good, Rott showed me those charts a long time ago but I need to buy a license to use them. If it doesn't pause the Arduino to send data to mysql then I would send data every minute, why not. :) On the controller there is no limit really for how many graphs there can be, you can easily add one for every outlet if you want. It's setup so each graph can store up to 3000 days worth of data for each chart, the only limiting factor is the size of the SD card.
Reply to top
most of the time I will be looking in on my tank from the web not at home and you can run MySQL on a Dorito chip these days on a computer from the 2nd hand store or garage sale if you Fin's have those not sure you might call them a boot sale
Reply to top
I made little progression :) Now i can use those nice Highcharts. There is currently demo / test site http://niksu.fi/test/ I still waiting that i get more data to database, so i can play them more. Those "zoom buttons" in top left start to work automatic when i have enough data.

This test is currently just for water temp. I add Light temp to same chart later. Also it doesn't update itself, so need refresh page. I add live update later :)

Also i can put diffrent charts to test, if somebody found good looking chart let me know and i can test it out.  Those demos can be found at http://www.highcharts.com/demo

Edit: Now both light and water temp are same chart :) You can disable both of them or just one by clicking "Water temp" or "Light temp" in top left. Next i add ph value in same chart :)

And weekend i have time, so i start to make another graph which show energy consumptions, and prices etc :) There i try bar chart/graph
Reply to top
I loaded the graph about 10 minutes ago and just now and what do I see, light and water temp now. :) That's a nice looking graph, I just emailed them to see what a license would cost. Would be nice to use something like this.

EDIT: I like how the water or light can be turned off, just figured that out.
Reply to top
(02-09-2017, 04:33 PM)Rob F Wrote: I loaded the graph about 10 minutes ago and just now and what do I see, light and water temp now. :)  That's a nice looking graph, I just emailed them to see what a license would cost. Would be nice to use something like this.

EDIT: I like how the water or light can be turned off, just figured that out.

Yeah i like that feature too. It allows to add many values in same chart. Example ph, all temp values etc. And you can show only those values you like. And some can be line graph, some can be area graph (if want) etc.

Also that test page could change suddenly when i test and add more features. So it can be diffrent look sometimes :D

There is a LOT of options in api :D So you can add features properly

There is link of api documentation http://api.highcharts.com/highstock/
Reply to top
Instead of 3 graphs you can use one.
Reply to top
you can load as many lines as you want in to that one box you can add different types in to that also.. remember that page I sent you for the phone apps that where all Ajax and Json files they would plug right in this and feed the data to your phone I know you have a ton of stuff to work on with the controller itself so when you get caught up it will be waiting for you no rush no pressure this is the page I am talking about

https://demos.jquerymobile.com/1.2.0/doc...tions.html
Reply to top
Hi Rott, thanks, that could come handy. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to use the HighCharts, only way would be to buy a developer license and setup a server which everyone would share access to but I'm not sure if that's the way to go. I don't know alot about servers, loads and how it would all work.

I assume other controller brands have their own server setup which all the controllers connect to?

What kind of server would be required to run say up to 500 users without speed issues?

I have the website on a shared Linux server with 1and1 and for the cost I couldn't be happier, would it be possible to use the existing setup or would it need to be a dedicated server? Again I wouldn't want any speed issues.
Reply to top
(02-10-2017, 04:38 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Rott, thanks, that could come handy. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to use the HighCharts, only way would be to buy a developer license and setup a server which everyone would share access to but I'm not sure if that's the way to go. I don't know alot about servers, loads and how it would all work.

I assume other controller brands have their own server setup which all the controllers connect to?

What kind of server would be required to run say up to 500 users without speed issues?

I have the website on a shared Linux server with 1and1 and for the cost I couldn't be happier, would it be possible to use the existing setup or would it need to be a dedicated server? Again I wouldn't want any speed issues.

Yeah that is the easiest way (easiest for users, not for you :D And not cheap to you either). I don't think that Mysql / database / logging is something that everyone needs and want. So i say it can keep "simple" and those who want to use this kind of feature could setup new one/ or use own current server (it can be local server also, not needed to be internet) and just "add" files and do these whatever they liked. Example build own webpage etc. 

I know that is not what everyone can do, but there is not going to be any other choices (except that you host server, databases and every user has own databases and access to it but like you said it is expensive, and how many even want this kind of feature? I think that is not many)

And there is always nice graphs in robo-tank display. So i think / assume that is enough for most of users :) And those which isn't can build own online database graph site, and make it just they wanted :)
Reply to top
If it was easy to setup and manage I would pay for the single license but its not that simple. This is down the road anyways, lots to do and before that I want to redo the website site completely and add more control. Surprisingly (but not really) lots of people want full control through their phone, some things in life I guess I will never understand. :) But yeah that part I can handle without servers and no fees involved or dependence on a server sitting on some shelf somewhere. Sorry Rott either way it'll be a while, you'll have to find something else to do at work lol. :))))) Graphs are done, just cleaning up some code, they seem to work good.
Reply to top
for 500 people it is a small job to handle for a real server wouldn't even know it is there we should talk about this in a private chat If you rally want to
Reply to top
Well give me about 6 months and maybe we can figure something out.
Reply to top
(02-10-2017, 10:08 PM)Rob F Wrote: Well give me about 6 months and maybe we can figure something out.
K05108 

I started to add energy consumption values to database also. Currently i have only "hourly" consumption (in kWh). So controller sends every hour that information to database. I add more values later. 

There is demo page http://niksu.fi/test/energy.php I don't have much values in database right now, so i wait when i get more data, and then test diffrent types of graphs. Also currently controller sends readings 1 hour intervals, but it is not yet based on clock and real hours, so it depends when controller is restarted. Example my controller was restarted 01:15:44 and first reading was 02:15:44 so next reading came 03.15:44 etc.... And that reason X axis is littlebit off. Later i change it sends readings based on clock so those came in 02:00:00, 03:00:00, 04:00:00 etc...
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Running Pre-Updates Rob F 9 9,123 11-10-2017, 02:47 PM
Last Post: Rob F