Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with dosing pumps
Sounds like quite the routine, I don't dose so don't know much. When you mentioned copper being on pump 6 I had a feeling they weren't changed, I just found a list and added different names. :) I believe I fixed those problems on the next update, you might want to wait to change the dosing pump names as the update will be ready tomorrow for sure, that is if you want to upgrade, I do recommend it.
Reply to top
Yes Rob, doing this by hand only makes fun when you just started, after that you do need dosing pumps... ;-)
Yeah, in this version copper is on pump 6, I will wait then for the next update, no stress.

Rob, can I somehow change the dosing container size for 2 or 3 components, say to 4 or 5 liter?
Of not, that's no problem.

Reply to top
haha yeah that's a lot of measuring. The container size can't be larger than 2.5 liters, and as you probably noticed the max number of doses available can't be over 255, so if the dose is under 10ml you won't get 2.5liter reservoir. One day when things are slower I do want to change that.
Reply to top
No problem at all Rob... ;-)
Thanks!

Reply to top
(01-25-2017, 03:26 AM)Rob F Wrote: haha yeah that's a lot of measuring. The container size can't be larger than 2.5 liters, and as you probably noticed the max number of doses available can't be over 255, so if the dose is under 10ml you won't get 2.5liter reservoir. One day when things are slower I do want to change that.

Yeah you can change that using couple of eeprom locations per dosations. So then max will be 255255 doses :D
Reply to top
I will get to changing it one day, did it that way so easier to store on eeprom, in Gen1 the mega didn't have a lot of eeprom space and when I re-wrote for Gen2 it was quicker just to use what I had and tweak it.
Reply to top
(01-25-2017, 03:30 AM)niksunen Wrote: Yeah you can change that using couple of eeprom locations per dosations. So then max will be 255255 doses :D

That's what I did for some things before, did some math and saved to two eeprom locations, I think some of the dosing pumps settings already use two.
Reply to top
I understand it completely Rob using the Gen1 as some sort of structure to build the Gen2 software.
I'm in no rush at all to change the container sizes, question just came up... ;-)

Reply to top
Rob, It seems the pumps affect eachother...
I will try to explain what I noticed:
When you set pump 1 and pump 5 at i.e. 10ml, the ml display works just fine, no leading 1 is displayed.
When you set pump 1 at i.e. 120ml and have a look at pump 5 again, you will have a leading 1 that is displayed (110ml).
The first 4 pumps (the originals?) are leading here.
I mean, when you set pump 5 at 10ml again, the set value at pump 1 stays.

Reply to top
If I understand correct that's happening because when you switch from pump 1-4 to 5-8 the page isn't reloaded so some of the data that belongs to 1-4 is left when you switch to 5-8. That's why you see it with pump 1 and 5, they overlap each other. I have fixed that, upgrading coming soon.
Reply to top
Great Rob, it's a bit confusing when you want to check the pump dose settings... ;-)

Reply to top
Update was succesfull... ;-)
Rob, just to be sure, you didn't change the screen refreshing yet, did you?

Reply to top
Sorry, not sure what you mean Arne? Are you still getting wrong data on dosing pumps? If so what values do you have set, I'll put mine to that to see what I get.
Reply to top
Rob, I installed the latest Beta version and synced but the last pump, pump 8, could not be set properly.
After I restored defaults this was solved.

I think the screens in Settings > Dosing work okay now but Settings > Hardware > Dosing Pumps still has some issues.
It looks like the settings of the last screen are put on top of the previous screen...
EDIT: the other way around... ;-)

Reply to top
Ok, I'll look into the syncing, that should have worked without running defaults. I think I'm going to add a routine where after a user setups up the settings to his/her liking they could hit a button to set them as the default settings. Then everyone could have their own after initial setup. I know the ones that I currently have are not very good for some.

I was always looking on the screen that's ok, I'll fix that other page tonight and upload the changes.
Reply to top
No problem Rob... ;-)
Thanks!

Reply to top
Just uploaded the new sketches, fixed for sure this time. :) I also messed up last time, I made those small adjustments but the upload didn't finish so... This time it worked.
Reply to top
Great Rob, thanks! ;-)

Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Origninal Robo-Tank problem Rob Wheatley 5 4,255 05-31-2020, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  After installation from 4,2 to 5,13 problem vilich 22 14,745 06-18-2019, 10:29 AM
Last Post: vilich
  Forum Profile Problem Gordon Lehmann 3 3,944 03-06-2019, 02:55 PM
  Display Problem simonv92 12 9,409 03-04-2019, 09:54 AM