Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updating to 2.91
Hmm, how do you have it connected to your network? Do you have DHCP enabled in your router settings?
Reply to top
(12-09-2016, 04:01 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hmm, how do you have it connected to your network? Do you have DHCP enabled in your router settings?
yes tested my cable got an ip to my laptop .
now i didnt even get past the robo tank first screen.  Its stay a connecting to internet. 

tried 2.90 .91 .92

is there a way to totally erase eprom or when you flash it its erased completly.
Reply to top
It's saying that because you tried enabling the internet, it wasn't suppose to actually enable unless it connected. If it sits on that screen it will continue after timing out. If you want you can load this sketch and it will set back to defaults, this is only needed on the display Arduino.

Attached Files
.zip   Reset_Controller.zip (Size: 443 bytes / Downloads: 171)
Reply to top
(12-09-2016, 04:16 PM)Rob F Wrote: It's saying that because you tried enabling the internet, it wasn't suppose to actually enable unless it connected. If it sits on that screen it will continue after timing out. If you want you can load this sketch and it will set back to defaults, this is only needed on the display Arduino.

hello

had the time to do the test you asked.  Flashed the display with the reset file.
At first the display configured the controller like the first time i started the controller. it seems to have loaded fine no error.  After that it asked to apply an updatewich it did.
After that the display stay at the robotank picture tried rebooting nothing seem to get me past the picture.
Reply to top
(12-12-2016, 10:55 AM)Shift_bob Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 04:16 PM)Rob F Wrote: It's saying that because you tried enabling the internet, it wasn't suppose to actually enable unless it connected. If it sits on that screen it will continue after timing out. If you want you can load this sketch and it will set back to defaults, this is only needed on the display Arduino.

hello

had the time to do the test you asked.  Flashed the display with the reset file.
At first the display configured the controller like the first time i started the controller. it seems to have loaded fine no error.  After that it asked to apply an updatewich it did.
After that the display stay at the robotank picture tried rebooting nothing seem to get me past the picture.

Is your cable display > controller 100% okay?
I had a problem my display got stuck at the splash screen, the one with the fish tank.

After trying, trying... Flashing old software, new software, tried another memory card, nothing helped. Niksun and Rob both helped to test...
At the end it seemed my cable wasn't okay.
If you have another patch cable (1:1) just give it a try... ;)

Here's my topic: https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Serious-issues-V2

Reply to top
Tried another patch cable and its the same i'm stuck at Robo-tank v3.0 picture.
Reply to top
Are you 100% sure it's a 1:1 cable and NOT a cross over cable?

Reply to top
Yes tested it with a rj45 tester to be sure it was straigth
Reply to top
If the test sketch didn't show all 3 serial ports working that'll be why its not starting up. Makes sense you got no errors when you ran the setup procedure as it just assumes the controller is connected and doesn't test anything. I'm going to change it so it tests before setting up. I sent some IC's if you want to change or you can send it back and I'll get it working.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  having problems updating brfreeman7 30 19,490 04-23-2019, 10:39 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex