Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
updating to 2.91
hello

I reflashed my display and board but the screen wont make the connection with the board. Its stay red at the right top corner.
I tried reseting to default in settings but didnt work.

thx in advance for the help
Reply to top
I have same problem. Rob thinks my problem is hardware basis. So faulty ic that i have to change, when it / they arrived here.
All other functions work, but icon stays red. Apparently serial 3 connection does not work. But luckily display and controller uses serial 1 and 2 to controll and send data. So other functions work.
Reply to top
Ok on mine nothing work. No relay work tried activate network the little earth become green but not for long.

I have still nothing connected to it so if some sensor didnt work i wont see it. Thx for the heads up
Reply to top
(12-07-2016, 11:47 AM)Shift_bob Wrote: Ok  on mine nothing work. No relay work tried activate network the little earth become green but not for long.

I have still nothing connected to it so if some sensor didnt work i wont see it.  Thx for the heads up

Ok, then your might be diffrent problem. Or atleast relay control should work. That "little earth" works me too sometimes. But i think when Rob comes online he will help your out :)

Btw, did you got that "Thank-you for choosing Robo-Tank!" screen ? When you press that ok button it should update controller eeprom. If not, you can try flash both again and make sure both have been connected and then press that button :)
Reply to top
I updated them disconnected from each other. I'm doing it now with both connected. thanks
Reply to top
(12-07-2016, 12:15 PM)Shift_bob Wrote: I updated them disconnected from each other. I'm doing it now with both connected. thanks
:D It clearly says that "Thank-you for choosing Robo-Tank!
    If the display is plugged into the controller press OK to setup the controller"

So it is good idea to connect them both together :)
Reply to top
didnt work... the screen start and load without any message :(
Reply to top
(12-07-2016, 12:22 PM)Shift_bob Wrote: didnt work... the screen start and load without any message :(

Hmm thats strange. You have to wait when Rob comes to online :)
Reply to top
Hi Shift_bob, sorry you're having trouble. That message is setup to only show once, if the controller wasn't connected when it was setup, resetting the defaults is the same which you did.

I attached some sketches to test, after uploading these connect the controller and display and plug in the internet to the w5100 shield. Then reset the display or cycle power and wait a minute or so. When it's finished you see the following.

Serial 1 Works
Serial 2 Works
Serial 3 Works
Connected to Internet

Attached Files
.zip   Controller Test Sketch.zip (Size: 47.59 KB / Downloads: 191)
Reply to top
after 20 or 30 seconds its display what you said excep for serial 3.

serial 1 works
serial 2 works
connected to the internet

there is also a big red 50 in the rigth top corner.

Im doubting myself on the serial 3. I did the test fast and i'm not sur if i saw serial 3. I'll redo the test tomorow.
Reply to top
Darn, it sounds like you have the same problem as Niksu, sorry about that. The data you posted should also have serial 3 works but it doesn't. The 50 in the corner verifies the eeprom and 20-30 seconds for the data is good as during this period its doing a handshake with your router.

If I sent you an IC are you able to change it? It was working as I tested it before shipping and I think see it was connected when you were running v2.9? If you plug in a temperature sensor does it work?
Reply to top
It was working in 2.90. What the ic looks like ?
Reply to top
(12-08-2016, 05:53 AM)Shift_bob Wrote: It was working in 2.90.   What the ic looks like ?

Reply to top
I just redid the test and i got 
serial 1 ok
serial 2 ok
serial 3 ok
connected to internet.

the font on the screen changed from small and white ,to big and red. i dont know if its important.

The ic is the same as your picture. the number on the right ic is the same on mine . the left one i cant see it on your picture.à

Tried 2.92 - Disconnected logo same as 2.91
Reply to top
Interesting, did you try uploading 2.90 again as it was working with that?
Reply to top
(12-08-2016, 04:01 PM)Rob F Wrote: Interesting, did you try uploading 2.90 again as it was working with that?

I formatted my computer and i just have 2.91 and 2.92.  Can you put it in my download section to try it again.
Reply to top
i'm starting to think my arduino due for my display is broken... just programmed everything with 2.90 put the card on the sd card and now its stay on connecting to internet. I see the robotank screen at first.

is there a way to run the controller without the screen ?

i'm looking at my routeur dhcp and i dont see any ip given to the controller.

redid a test with the test file now serial 1 doesnt appear.
Reply to top
I think that all 3 serial connections go trough that ic chip, and if it faulty it can mess them all up. I got serial 1 and 2 working, but not 3.

"starting to think my arduino due for my display is broken" That you can test if you swap those dues between and reflash them. So take controller due and put it to display.

Or maybe your ic has bad soldering ? Have you try to re-soldering all of it connections? I try this first when rob say i have to change ic. But mine it not worked, so no bad or loose connections / solderings , but it is fast to test out :) 

I did this controller and display pcb / ic
Reply to top
One last test, can you load the 2.92, after it starts up go to settings, system and see if the internet info shows or if it says internet disabled. If so press that and it should connect to the net. If it's still acting up you can send it back and I'll get it working. Sorry for the trouble.
Reply to top
(12-09-2016, 03:39 PM)Rob F Wrote: One last test, can you load the 2.92, after it starts up go to settings, system and see if the internet info shows or if it says internet disabled. If so press that and it should connect to the net. If it's still acting up you can send it back and I'll get it working. Sorry for the trouble.

Hi

I tried it when it was at 2.92 it say internet disabled i tap on it it say getting info but it never actually show internet settings. If i go back an return its still say internet disabled.

i'll do the test tonight and let you know.

thx
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  having problems updating brfreeman7 30 19,493 04-23-2019, 10:39 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex