Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank install
Photo 
I am trying to install robo-tank on a PI zero.   I followed the robo-tank app software install manual and it keeps installing reef pi not robo-tank. I have done this several times with the same result.  I have attached screen shots of the putty update.
Reply to top
Wow, I don't know how I missed this, very sorry. Not sure how that would happen, I think the wrong manual was used, here it is.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fED4...N7COY/edit
Reply to top
It still just has reef-pi. I followed the instructions and installed on Putty everything looked good when installing, download files were robo-tank, everything said robo-tank when it went through the install process. Then I reset and go to log in a browser with the ip address and reef-pi comes up. Just tried 3 time with the same results.
Reply to top
Hmmm, that weird, I wonder if the browser cache is causing the problem, did you try pressing CTRL + SHIFT + R on the keyboard a few times in a row?
Reply to top
so, I have tried several times with different SD cards. my new problem is I get this message when logging in threw browser. I can log in threw PuTTY and it is now stain connected.  the previous times I had installed I would just get reef pi.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.Server unable to read htaccess file, denying access to be safe

Apache/2.4.38 (Raspbian) Server at 192.168.50.209 Port 80
Reply to top
Ok, almost there, this is an issue that happens to some, here's the steps to fix it.

Run the following two commands in the putty terminal.

sudo usermod -a -G www-data username

sudo chown -R -f www-data:www-data /var/www/html

After that the login screen should load, if you can’t log in do the following in this post.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/thread-17...ml#pid8393
Reply to top
I can't load the website on V6.0. Raspberry can be seen in the network + putty. Alternatively, how should I save the entire setting from the card because I don't have a backup.
Reply to top
Sorry you'll have to try again, the above steps should work. At this time doing a backup isn't easy, I plan to add that to the next release. I'm going away for a few weeks so my computer access will be a bit limited.
Reply to top
Hi Rob, I tried to do a new installation and I still have the problem that it doesn't want to load the site. The Internet connection to the raspberry is functional, I can also connect via putty. I tried testing and higher procedures but without success. Where could the error have occurred
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Install Robo-Tank App Rob F 0 1,113 02-14-2023, 01:21 AM
Last Post: Rob F