Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pH Sensor Stopped Working...
Everything was wired up and seemed to be working well for months, I had to rewire a few things and I disconnected/reconnected the pH sensor, now I'm no longer able to get readings.  I've tried deleting/recreating the probe but any attempt to get a reading from it results in:

{"error":"Failed to json decode. Error: json: unsupported value: NaN"} | HTTP 500

I ordered a new PH probe in case I damaged it somehow but is there anything else I need to/should do?

Thanks!

*EDIT* Nevermind, this was me. I went full Lenny, twisted the pH sensor connector too hard and I broke the connector inside. I think I can fix it.
Reply to top
Oh no, hope you can get it out. I would think it should still show a number but maybe if its out of range it gives that error, without a probe you should have a reading around 4.1. Let me know if you need more troubleshooting.
Reply to top
(12-30-2020, 10:05 AM)Rob F Wrote: Oh no, hope you can get it out. I would think it should still show a number but maybe if its out of range it gives that error, without a probe you should have a reading around 4.1. Let me know if you need more troubleshooting.

Yep I think I got it back online, thanks again!
Reply to top
Good to hear.
Reply to top
I still need help with the ph probe, it showed a PH of 102.8. So I bought 2 different PH probes and the same problem
Reply to top
Did you set it up with the EZO-ph driver in reef-pi? Did it ever work?
Reply to top
The pH probe worked and I also tried calibration, but it does not work in either version
Reply to top
Sorry I need a little more info, could you post some pictures of the driver in reef-pi, the connectors and the pH settings page. What controller do you have?

Could you also try running these 5 commands in the Pi SSH terminal. After the last command it should start printing out the pH value every 3 seconds.

sudo systemctl stop reef-pi.service

sudo wget -c https://www.robo-tank.ca/reef-pi/Robo-Tank_pH_Script.zip

sudo unzip Robo-Tank_pH_Script.zip

g++ -o Robo-Tank_pH_Script Robo-Tank_pH_Script.cpp

./Robo-Tank_pH_Script
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  power bar 2 on pins 8 and 11 stopped working loksik.lubos 4 3,041 07-07-2022, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Power Bar Outlets 1 and 2 not working? Coloredrock 3 2,950 02-02-2022, 06:28 PM
  Outlets on power board not working Dukereef 18 9,744 09-17-2020, 01:11 AM