Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC ports and Sensor not working version 1 revb
I have a question around my DC ports and sensor ports. I haven't been able to use the DC ports and have a RODI solenoid value that runs on 12v. I've tried ports 1-4 and can't get any power to the ports.

I'm also having issues with the sensor ports 1-3 using float valve. I've tried 3 different float sensors and have jumpers on other and PU. I had the sensor port working back in January as I was testing but now am not getting anything to function.

Is there anything I can do to test these issue? Voltmeter? Sorry for the vague questions ... Trying to figure out how I can troubleshoot.
Reply to top
Hi, sorry to hear about the troubles. For the DC ports is it just 1-4 not working or all of them? In reef-pi can you verify you have the correct pinouts defined on the "connectors" page. At the bottom of this page are the pin numbers used from the "extra ports" driver.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Vko1...=h.2jxsxqh

For you float switch with the port jumpers set to other and PU you would need to connect the float to the GND and signal pin on the port. In you reef-pi you also need to assign a piece of equipment to control for the float switch, if it's not controlling anything the graphs won't update so it'll appear like the sensor isn't work.

If you do have a volt meter maybe verify that you have voltage on the signal pin.
Reply to top
@Weilerda Possible to post a picture of your setup to show the connections and also the Drivers and Connectors tabs from reef-pi? Would help the troubleshooting efforts. You have the same hardware that I have so I can compare to my setup to try to get you sorted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zfreak_1125's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Thanks rob and zfreak. I was able to figure out the sensor last night. I tried connecting ground and signal and while it worked, it also stop my system. Everything went off and the red power light started flickering. I then removed the wire connecting ground and signal and switched the jumper from PU to PD and it worked.

DC ports … I was able to trace it back to bad connection to RODI switch. Now I’m buisness.

One question I do have around ports DC ports 1-3. Are they tied to the emergency floats? What would be the use case on emergency floats implemented?

Thanks again for your help and support.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Weilerda's post:
  • zfreak_1125
Reply to top
Great glad you got it working. DC 1 - 3 are tied to the emergency floats, if you don't need that feature you would add a jumper across the backup port. These are good for critical applications such as an ATO pump, if water was to get to the float level it would cut power to the port no matter what the Pi says to do so this will protect against a locked up Pi if that was to ever happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • zfreak_1125
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Temperature Probe 2 Not Working DylanF1 3 904 01-26-2024, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Unable to control DC ports igorvin 4 2,641 09-11-2021, 09:52 PM
Last Post: igorvin
  Temp Sensor Not Detected mcarleton 7 5,018 12-19-2020, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Rob F