Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screensaver
I installed a photocell resistor 100K 1%, which is ok, but sometimes the screen flashes.
you can see the video

http://fryzjerkepno.pl/mov/MOV_0288.mp4

If you change the value of 2 to 3 then 2 is ok, although sometimes the screen flashes.
I wanna to screen the brightness when working at full, then after a few seconds, the brightness at about 10%.
without photocell display flashes like a movie

display 5 "without photocell was Ok
I have no ideas :(
Reply to top
Sorry Irass, I missed your last reply. The manual setting for brightness doesn't go below 65 because the screen would be black and impossible to navigate. It will only dim below 65 using the photocell.

I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve, do you want full brightness all the time or do you want it to dim to 10% when you aren't using?

100k is low, that 1m resistor should be better if you want to dim the display.
Reply to top
Quote:I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to achieve, do you want full brightness all the time or do you want it to dim to 10% when you aren't using?
Yes. I want to have these two things.
I will resistor > than 100K to 1M max, the display flashes

Why is flashing?
What works, jumps resistance?

Quote:The manual setting for brightness doesn't go below 65 because the screen would be black and impossible to navigate.

perhaps my display will be OK, below 65? :) wonders
Reply to top
I just noticed in the video you have a resistor right at the photocell, do you also have the resistor on the display board? The resistor is right under the photocell leads. Maybe this is why its flashing.

If you do have both resistors, remove the one you added so the connections from the photocell go straight to the board.

If you have it set to "1" the display should black out, does it?
Reply to top
I just removed my photocell, without it and 1m resistor on my display board it dims to about 20% when I have it set to 14. Maybe that's the result you had on your 5" without the photocell.
Reply to top
Quote:I just removed my photocell, without it and 1m resistor on my display board it dims to about 20% when I have it set to 14. Maybe that's the result you had on your 5" without the photocell.
Exactly was wrong with the display 5 "
with 7 "I can not tune, all other resistors are flashing display.
Reply to top
Can you send a close up picture of the resistor on the display board?
Reply to top
on the display board is rezistor 1M
problem solved, I gave to board resistor 1M instead of photocells 90k tolerance up 0.25%. pozion brightness of about 20% :)
The only problem sometimes is blinking in the display when tapping the menu.

What will replace the 1M to 1.5M?
Reply to top
Yeah try the 1.5m, it won't hurt anything.
Reply to top
I swapped to 0.9M tolerance 0.25%
instead of photocells 90k tolerance 0.25%
brightness is smaller and not flashing :)
flashing approx. 2 per day

I'm waiting for the screensaver clock :)
Reply to top
Glad you got it to something that will work, its strange that it still flashes though. Right now I've been busy making case designs but hope to get back to the software soon. No shortage of things to do. :)
Reply to top