Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
screensaver
can I just put other *.raw images in the screensaver map for the screensaver?
I want to have pictures of my tank with date stamps as a kind of tank journal ;)

is not stated in the manual, but didn't look it up on the forum
Reply to top
(07-15-2016, 02:04 PM)fietsenrex Wrote: can I just put other *.raw images in the screensaver map for the screensaver?
I want to have pictures of my tank with date stamps as a kind of tank journal ;)

I did it.
On the download file of last version there is the file " create images for solides show" which shows how to proceed. You need to convert your images to .raw with the Karlsen Image Converter. And add them on your display sd card, on "Scrsaver" folder.
Reply to top
(07-15-2016, 02:39 PM)Dom59 Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 02:04 PM)fietsenrex Wrote: can I just put other *.raw images in the screensaver map for the screensaver?

I did it.
On the download file of last version there is the file " create images for solides show" which shows how to proceed. You need to convert your images to .raw with the Karlsen Image Converter. And add them on your display sd card, on "Scrsaver" folder.

Couldn't have said it better. Make sure you don't have any other files in that folder and there's no limit on images you can add.
Reply to top
Thanks for the answers guys :D
Will take a look at it this week, but i've got an issue with the normal screensaver...
Whenever it goes to screensaver the screen just bricks and is irrisponsive..
I've to reset the controller to get it working again.
Controller doesn't function either when it crashes..
I've just switched of the screensaver so it keeps working...
It had been running on screensaver from saturday till wednesday and then it crashed, all graphs stop at wednesday night so it's only an assumption..
I've spotted the problem yesterday when I got home from a week away..

If the crash is caused by a screensaver running to long and corrupting the files so is keeps on crashing, it will be an issue if I leave again for a week or longer..
Reply to top
Any chance you have a different SD card to try? Its sounds a bit like a card problem. Usually if there's a read error on the card it'll brick.
Reply to top
I have
I'll prep it when I make my own screensaver
Strange thing is, none of the menu's causes it to brick, only the screensaver.
So there is 1 or more images on the screensaver that is corrupted.. After 4 days of running without any problems
Reply to top
I suggest the card because I have one that will brick every once and a while, it seems to be quite picky with cards.
Reply to top
well got the new card up and running with my own screensaver :D
quite happy with the feature actually, now I've got a kind of journal on my controller besides the graphs :D
Reply to top
Hi Fietsenrex, glad to hear you like it. I had it running on mine for a while but I don't like it because I enjoy looking at my temps so I think at some point I'm going to add an option where the temps or other parameters can show up along the top bar.
Reply to top
I changed the display 5 "on 7"
where you can change the code level (Auto-Dim level 0-5 0 = Off)
I set level 14 is weak lights
I set level 13 no lights
display 5 "had a more accurate control. :(

By the way, when will update the screensaver (hours) :)
Reply to top
Hi Irass, yeah the 5" does have better dimming and the 5" and 7" like a different resistor value at the photocell. I think I might have used a different value as I knew you were using the 5" screen. Can you see a number on the resistor next to the photocell? If you have resistors keep changing it till you get what you like. I use a 1m resistor for the 7" screen but any value will work it just changes how sensitive the photocell is.

I've been busy with work lately but one of these days I'll get another update out. :)
Reply to top
resistor 1MΩ
I do not use the photocells LCD 5 " works ok.
control by LED_A

instead of photocells gave resistor 100K (backlight weak)
I want to have the lights shining gives poor 122K. The display starts "flashing" lights off. :(
Reply to top
What display do you have? Are you trying to keep it a certain brightness all the time? Without the photocell it won't auto dim. Sorry I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish?
Reply to top
Yes. I want to keep the brightness all the time.
You can do that brightness was weaker at 100K

http://www.ebay.com/itm/7-inch-TFT-LCD-m...XQVERS66u3

Attached Files
.pdf   Schematic (new).pdf (Size: 39.82 KB / Downloads: 170)
Reply to top
Are you changing the resistor on the display board? Nothing needs changed on the display. If you want full brightness that resistor on the display board shouldn't affect anything as its for the photocell sensitivity. For full brightness, set (Auto-Dim level 0-5 0 = Off) to 0 and set the "brightness level" on the same page to 255. Then it should be full brightness and stay that way.
Reply to top
"...0 and set the "brightness level" on the same page to 255..."

I control between the 65 - 255
level 65 too much highlights

if I have a 100k resistor, what is the level of power led? it may even lessen software
Reply to top
Unrelated to the screensaver but is 8gb also supported?
Reply to top
Yeah 8gb should work but might not be as quick. 2-4gb seem to run fastest in my experience.
Reply to top
ok thanks, anything lower than 8gb is a complete nightmare to find in the local stores..
luckily anything lower than class 10 is also nowhere to be found, so always fast cards :D
Reply to top
Yeah soon won't find them anywhere. The speed doesn't seem to make a difference, I have a 300x 16gb and 32gb, the 32gb runs very slow, 16gb a little better. I'm using a 4gb 100x which is nice and fast.
Reply to top