Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DC ports
Is there any convenient way to get 6v from the DC ports or do I use DC-DC stepdown converter if I want 6v? I have a few 6v dosing pumps I want to use.
Reply to top
Hi, if you setup as a dosing pump you can adjust the voltage by changing the pump speed on dosing tab. 50% doesn't mean 6v though so make sure to use a volt meter to set it correctly. Of course this can be a little dangerous though, if at some point for whatever reason the port puts out 12v well that wouldn't be good so safest is to use a DC-DC stepdown.
Reply to top
(01-26-2021, 04:49 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi, if you setup as a dosing pump you can adjust the voltage by changing the pump speed on dosing tab. 50% doesn't mean 6v though so make sure to use a volt meter to set it correctly. Of course this can be a little dangerous though, if at some point for whatever reason the port puts out 12v well that wouldn't be good so safest is to use a DC-DC stepdown.

Thanks Rob! If I use a step-down, I wouldn't be able to set up as a dosing pump and benefit from being able to adjust the speed right?

Im trying to figure out best way to set things up so I get the best level of control from within the software. Ideally I'd like to be able to set speed for each pump individually. Alternatively I can fine tune my dosing mixture to tune the levels and have the pumps just pump the same volume from each fert. Not sure what would be the best strategy. Decisions decisions.... :-)
Reply to top
You should still have speed control with a stepdown. The only difference is when reef-pi is at 100% speed you would get 6v, 50% maybe 4v etc. If you don't have a stepdown you can just set the speed low in reef-pi but I would get one ordered just so no more that 6v can get to the pump.
Reply to top
Thumbs Up 
Thats great, many thanks.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  T-P Link Kasa & DC ports iancarp 4 3,851 06-03-2022, 06:48 PM
Last Post: iancarp