Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
T-P Link Kasa & DC ports
Hi

I had something a little strange happen after I installed a TP-Link Kasa HS-303.

When I added the HS-303 I noticed that none of the DC ports seemed to be working. After some troubleshooting and hair pulling out. I noticed that index of the DC ports had increased by 1 so my ATO for example was on DC#1 this moved up to DC#2 after going into connections I had to re index my DC ports so that DC#1 to pin 1 (not 0) DC#2 to pin 2 (not 1) etc…

I have two more Kasa’s to add, is this going to cause similar problems and does this mean that I will loose some functionality ie will I loose some dc ports?

See image attached…

Thx Ian
Reply to top
Hi Ian, that is odd, I think it's possibly a bug in reef-pi if all the connector pins are being changed. I think it will probably do the same when you add the others, if it does maybe post on R2R so they know about it. Sounds like once you sorted out the pins things are working as expected again?
Reply to top
(06-02-2022, 05:39 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Ian, that is odd, I think it's possibly a bug in reef-pi if all the connector pins are being changed. I think it will probably do the same when you add the others, if it does maybe post on R2R so they know about it. Sounds like once you sorted out the pins things are working as expected again?

Hi Rob I received the other Kasa's today and they all connected OK the DC ports all stayed as expected... not sure what went on before but it's all good now! :-)
Reply to top
Good to hear, glad it was just a one off. I should have mentioned it before but maybe it's a good time to do a backup from the "admin" tab.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rob F's post:
  • iancarp
Reply to top
Yeah good advice!!! It’s still on the bench not the end of the world if it’s goes wonky! That said quite a bit of config has been done now, so far so good!!! :-)
[-] The following 1 user Likes iancarp's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DC ports Sideways 4 3,609 01-27-2021, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Sideways