Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting updated reef-pi code from JFReyes
Hmmmmmm. Not working - I'm getting a 404-not found message when I try download the file.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2020-12-14 22:41:33 ERROR 404: Not Found.
Des
Durban - South Africa
Reply to top
(12-14-2020, 02:42 PM)Dewd Wrote: Hmmmmmm.  Not working - I'm getting a 404-not found message when I try download the file.

Dewd:

I sent the file to Rob for hosting just a few minutes before posting the message, so it may not be available yet. Please be patient and I thank you for your interest.

Regards,
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JFReyes's post:
  • Dewd
Reply to top
(12-14-2020, 02:47 PM)JFReyes Wrote:
(12-14-2020, 02:42 PM)Dewd Wrote: Hmmmmmm.  Not working - I'm getting a 404-not found message when I try download the file.

Dewd:

I sent the file to Rob for hosting just a few minutes before posting the message, so it may not be available yet. Please be patient and I thank you for your interest.

Regards,
Haha.  I thought it might be something like that.  Thanks!
Des
Durban - South Africa
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dewd's post:
  • JFReyes
Reply to top
It's ready to rock. :) Thanks JFReyes.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rob F's post:
  • Dewd, JFReyes
Reply to top
Wink 
Just did the update.  Looks very cool.

I notice that it resizes the box to fit on the dashboard - to be expected.  And the text overflows the names behind the "buttons" - also to be expected due to space constraints.  All in all, a very good step in the right direction I feel.

I wish there was an easy way to attach images on this Forum - I only see the option to enter a url - would be nice if we could juts drag and drop images.

Cancel that - just found how to attach a file
Des
Durban - South Africa
[-] The following 2 users Like Dewd's post:
  • JFReyes, Rob F
Reply to top
(12-15-2020, 02:03 AM)Dewd Wrote: Habe gerade das Update gemacht. Sieht sehr cool aus.

Ich stelle fest, dass die Größe der Box so geändert wird, dass sie in das Dashboard passt - zu erwarten. Und der Text überfließt die Namen hinter den "Schaltflächen" - auch aus Platzgründen zu erwarten. Alles in allem ein sehr guter Schritt in die richtige Richtung, die ich fühle.

Ich wünschte, es gäbe eine einfache Möglichkeit, Bilder in diesem Forum anzuhängen - ich sehe nur die Option, eine URL einzugeben - wäre schön, wenn wir Bilder per Drag & Drop verschieben könnten.

Abbrechen - habe gerade herausgefunden, wie man eine Datei anhängt

Super fehlt nur noch ein feeder button
[-] The following 1 user Likes Addi's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
Hi rob sometime in the future you could create dake more graphic more i liked it with robotank
[-] The following 1 user Likes loksik.lubos's post:
  • Rob F
Reply to top
(12-31-2020, 04:22 PM)loksik.lubos Wrote: Hi rob sometime in the future you could create dake more graphic more i liked it with robotank

Hi Loksik, I'm actually working on something but it won't be a dedicated touch screen like the old controller as that drives up cost to much. It'll be a web app like reef-pi but all dressed up, that's the goal anyways. I wanted to have something available by now but it'll be a couple more months.

Happy New Year!
Reply to top
Happy New Year to All!

Rob, what are you up to? Perhaps I can help...
José

Please post questions in the forum (not via PM) so that everyone can benefit from and contribute to finding solutions. Thank you.
Reply to top
(01-01-2021, 08:52 AM)JFReyes Wrote: Happy New Year to All!

Rob, what are you up to? Perhaps I can help...

I'm trying to build my own app, I like reef-pi but because I do this for a living I feel I need something I know in and out, if reef-pi ever stops then my days are limited and that can't happen. 

For the backend I'm using c++, php and mysql, frontend is html, javascript, css and ajax. I think the benefit to these languages is more people know them and easy but probably not ideal. I originally started with python but man that's stuff isn't easy, everything goes against what I know so I dumped it.

For charting I'm using Dygraphs, this was the best I could find that was open source, I've tested 3 years of data (written every 15 minutes) and it loads in under 2 seconds which is pretty good. Later I'm going to have custom chart so user can select multiple parameters and overlay data, already tested.

https://dygraphs.com/

There's a single c++ program running in the background which I view as an Arduino because it has a startup and main loop that runs forever where everything is done. Currently there's 3 threads running in the program, one is dedicated to communications from frontend to backend, there's a socket running so any commands from frontend immediately update variables in the c++ program, this was the hardest piece to figure out. The 2nd thread is used to read temp sensors and pH probes, used a thread because DS18B20 pauses the loop during a read, and the 3rd is for the remaining program. 

That's the overall structure, the downside I see so far is it uses quite a bit of CPU, it uses about 65% on average across the 4 cores on Pi 3. However I believe that won't increase no matter how much is being controlled based on how it's setup but time will tell. I've also done nothing to optimize so something to figure out down the road. I've had it running as long as a week not touched and it's always responsive so I think it'll be ok. The memory remains low so that's good.

To date I have temp sensors working and put a lot of effort into an auto management system, plug in a DS18B20 and it'll figure out if it's new or existing and take action accordingly, unplug and it will auto disable, I think it has cool factor haha. And the pca9685, pH, AC outlets and charting for temp and pH work as well. Now I'm at a point where I'm trying to design a friendly frontend and add features to backend as I go. I'm going with a set of wizards for managing hardware/sensors, everything will be step by step with pictures. For example if you add sensor, it'll ask some basic questions and then display how to wire the connector and set the jumpers on controller, no guessing. This is what I have so far, nothing works yet just setting up a menu system but this is the idea.

I don't think I'm ready for help just yet but would love some as time goes on, everything will be open source. I'm definitely not ready to post yet but if you want to try and install I can send you a package, I would love to hear how it goes and what you think. I have a script setup so it's automated but does take a lot longer than reef-pi as it needs to install apache, php and mysql.
Reply to top
Wow man, that is a big endeavor! Sounds like fun, though! :-)

While I don't believe reef-pi (being open source and well supported so far) will stop anytime soon, it's good to think about an ecosystem with your hardware and software tightly integrated, something like the Neptune Apex offering. If you don't mind let me think through your pitch to see if I can be of assistance, shall you want it. Send me an NDA (non disclosure agreement) and later a copy of what you have.

Cheers,
José

Reply to top
Yeah it's a big job but I enjoy the challenge and confident I can pull it off. I don't see reef-pi development stopping anytime soon either but one never knows and I do want something specific to controller but it will work with any pin configuration like reef-pi. It'll never be like an Apex, my skills are limited. I'm basically aiming for all the features as my old controller and other things I never got to. It'll be a while yet before everything is functional but I basically have it firing on all cylinders so I hope to make progress on the features now.

I still need to get the basic features working so you wouldn't be able to help now, once I get a first release it'll be easier for others to see what's going on. No need for a NDA I'm happy your willing to install it, I think it'll go easy.
Reply to top
(12-31-2020, 08:45 PM)Rob F Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 04:22 PM)loksik.lubos Wrote: Ahoj rob, niekedy v budúcnosti by si mohol vytvoriť dake viac grafiky viac sa mi to páčilo s robotank

Ahoj Loksik, v skutočnosti na niečom pracujem, ale nebude to vyhradená dotyková obrazovka ako starý ovládač, pretože to zvyšuje náklady na veľa. Bude to webová aplikácia ako reef-pi, ale celá oblečená, to je aj tak cieľ. Chcel som už mať niečo k dispozícii, ale bude to ešte pár mesiacov.

Šťastný nový rok!
Budem sa tesit. 
It is possible to connect a flow meter to the reef pie
Reply to top
(01-03-2021, 03:34 PM)loksik.lubos Wrote: Budem sa tesit. 
It is possible to connect a flow meter to the reef pie

Not directly however its possible using a different script. Reef-pi has a "file" driver, this gets assigned to a text file on Pi and will then read a single value from the file and import it into reef-pi through the pH tab. Technically you can incorporate any sensor type if you can read it from the Pi, just need to save the value.
Reply to top
Hi all:

I just sent the latest version reef-pi-4.1-13-gcf56656-MODIFIED.deb to Rob for hosting; it should be available for download soon.

It is a minor update which reflects the latest official 4.1 upstream version. It supersedes my changes to the temp/pH charts except that in the pH chart it retains the 2 digit current and tooltip values which were not changed upstream. It also retains the experimental equipment control panel. Users of my previous version must reapply the Y-Axis custom values as they now follow Ranjib's structure.

Shall you have any questions, problems or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,
José

[-] The following 2 users Like JFReyes's post:
  • loksik.lubos, Rob F
Reply to top
how will rob ever be able to download the latest version reef-pi-4.1-13-gcf56656-MODIFIED.deb
Reply to top
(01-19-2021, 12:46 AM)loksik.lubos Wrote: how will rob ever be able to download the latest version reef-pi-4.1-13-gcf56656-MODIFIED.deb

Sorry not sure what you mean?
Reply to top
(01-19-2021, 12:46 AM)loksik.lubos Wrote: how will rob ever be able to download the latest version reef-pi-4.1-13-gcf56656-MODIFIED.deb

Hello:

If you want to know how to download and install the modified software please follow the first post on this thread.

Thanks,
José

Reply to top
I apologize for the translation. I'm trying to download version 4.1.13, but I can't download the file, it doesn't exist
Reply to top
(01-19-2021, 04:07 PM)loksik.lubos Wrote: I apologize for the translation. I'm trying to download version 4.1.13, but I can't download the file, it doesn't exist

Hello:

Rob confirmed that the file has been hosted so you have to use the full, literal name as described: reef-pi-4.1-13-gcf56656-MODIFIED.deb. Do not substitute dots for dashes, lowercase for UPPERCASE, nor make any other changes. Also, do not confuse the steps outlined in the first post of this thread with reef-pi's built-in upgrade functionality under the Configuration->Admin screen; my modified version cannot be installed that way.

Thanks,
José

Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Two issues: Failed to init I2C & Reef-pi.service not Binding BlakeD 6 2,530 05-12-2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Code changes / repo mginster 1 1,371 10-21-2022, 07:20 PM
  Reef-Pi or Robo-Tank 6.x Wolfw28 6 3,052 09-01-2022, 01:11 AM
  reef-pi with v2 controller gandalf 1 1,529 04-06-2022, 12:48 PM