Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions about purchasing a Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Kit
Thanks for the input. I'm coming around to thinking along the same lines.

"Uses the newest generation patented XT-E emitter by CREE (NOT an off the shelf XT-E emitter) as well as patent pending Osram Oslon NP emitters" -americanaquariumproducts.com

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showth...?t=2181083
"... The TMC brand (Aquabeam 1000) is pushing improved performance as a result of using patented technology. TMC claims that "EcoTech uses older generation emitters since they do NOT have patent rights. ..."
someone responds
"So where's the patent number? What about Cree press release? Or are these some super secret LEDs that are only produced for this TMC?
Personally I see a lot of marketing BS on that website. :-) BTW you should be aware that a company called Orbitec holds the patent for ALL LED aquarium lighting and any manufacturer selling in US where the patent is enforced pays royalties. Search. It was discussed here many times"

I searched quite a bit and as far as I can tell TMC has a patent for "Nature Perfect" LEDs and that's it.

In a way I'm a little bummed because I thought americanaquariumproducts.com was an amazing resource for information. There had been some times in which I questioned it... though I eventually ended on "it's sources seem like very good sources!" (.edu/.gov sites etc). I did not however take the massive amount of time to look into all of them or to take a step back and see how logical the conclusions the author(s?) of americanaquariumproducts.com were drawing are.

In trying to find the so called patent on these emitters I had to google search with:

Code:
-www.americanaquariumproducts.com -cstrohmeyer.wordpress.com -www.fish-as-pets.com -aquariumledstudy.com -aquarium-digest.com -aquariumopinions.com -www.fishbeginner.info -www.aquarium-pond-answers.com

appended to my search. I believe these sites are all ran by the same person/company or at least by people who are closely related to  
www.americanaquariumproducts.com
(close friends/family/etc). My trust in these sites has significantly dropped. K05106

I am now restarting my search for LED's. I'm going to base it primarily off of: PAR per WATT, spectrometer graphs (those that have more blue/red win), PWM dimming capability, and heat (if they have fan's they probably have bad LED's or drivers and are wasting energy producing heat and also wasting energy running unnecessary fans).

Feel free to let me know if you guys have any input on good LED's based on those criteria.

Ugh. First time I've ever seen this from google. Lmao.
Quote:"com" (and any subsequent words) was ignored because we limit queries to 32 words.
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions about purchasing a Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Kit - by jeremyh - 02-25-2017, 06:10 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A few questions before I click the buy button Elmo2002 7 6,790 07-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Wiring Eheim Feeder for Robo-Tank Gen3 Controller Rob F 7 7,011 07-08-2019, 05:48 PM
  New Proyect!! Some questions... jmcadsl 3 5,532 02-18-2018, 11:57 PM
  Questions about Robo Tank simonv92 18 16,205 10-04-2017, 08:53 PM