Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Proyect!! Some questions...
Hi to all!! i'm Jorge from Spain.
I just order a PCB's Kit to add to my old arduino controller and shields from my old aquarium.
Now i will start a new proyect, a Red Sea 250 Max , and i want to update my old arduino controller with this FANTASTIC controller.

My firts question its about the PH ....i have a small shield that read the value from a Ph probe and send this value to an arduino analog input .
Can i use it with Robo Tank? 
I see Rono tank its ready to use with Atlas scientific (SPI signal), but i dontknow if i can do it with "my" analog Ph shield.

Thanks!!
Reply to top
Hi Jorge, thanks again for your order, I appreciate it!

There is some code added for the analog ph circuit that should work.

You'll use port 18 on the accessory board, you'll want pin 2 on the 3rd plug from the RJ45 socket, that pin is Analog A0. In that file I sent you with all the green plug diagrams the plug is referred to as "sensor 1".

You'll have to make a small change in the controller sketch to enable the code, I haven't added an option to the display as I don't really recommend the Analog circuit because they aren't as reliable, if you use other probes in the tank it could affect it because they aren't isolated. I will be adding this setting so this doesn't need to be adjusted with code in the future.

In v4.10 controller sketch find line 126 which is

bool phCircuit = 0; // 0 = Atlas Scientific   1 = Analog Circuit

change the = 0 to = 1 and upload and you should get a ph value on the display.
Reply to top
Hi!!
Great!! I will try it!!
I know the analog ph shield its not very reliable, i will order an atlas shield next month.....
Now i spend a lot of money to start the aquarium you know ! jejeje
Reply to top
Yeah I hear you things add up quick and before you know it the money is gone haha.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A few questions before I click the buy button Elmo2002 7 6,732 07-14-2019, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Questions about Robo Tank simonv92 18 16,142 10-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Question Questions about purchasing a Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Kit jeremyh 43 44,548 02-26-2017, 09:37 PM
  Pinning New Bord versind? Addi 2 4,619 11-28-2016, 02:45 PM