Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions before I click the buy button
Hi Dave, no problem, sorry I don't have a better answer for the long distance with DC pumps. Just noticed I said "If the pumps are really large it should be ok directly off the controller." I meant "if the pumps aren't really large". The main problem is line loss, by the time the +12v gets to the pump it might only be +9v under a load. In the end it's probably better to use an external power supply, connect the + from it to the + on DC pump and then GND of power supply to any GND on controller. Then run a wire from controller DC port to the GND on the pump.

At this time the web platform is very basic and mainly for email alerts and local weather forecast as these don't take much resources from the Arduino. There is a basic web page you can access remotely but it only shows current sensor values, shows current outlet status and allow you to manually turn them on/off and also a button to feed the fish. If you have an IP camera you can also add some login information to the html file and it'll show up on the page as well. Also the controller checks the IP address from your service provider every hour and if it changes you'll get an email with the new IP so you don't lose access if away. I attached an image showing what the web page looks like.

With that said I am working on moving the web features from the controller, instead they will be on a Pi and at that point I can work towards a full featured website so eventually the display would be optional. When this is ready all you need is any Pi and simply plug the USB from it into the USB programming port on controller and it'll work. Also on a side note if you run a computer 24 hours you could use it instead of a Pi.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few questions before I click the buy button - by Rob F - 07-13-2019, 09:09 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Proyect!! Some questions... jmcadsl 3 5,563 02-18-2018, 11:57 PM
Last Post: Rob F
Question Question before ordering philips 11 12,729 01-13-2018, 01:06 AM
  Questions about Robo Tank simonv92 18 16,359 10-04-2017, 08:53 PM
Question Questions about purchasing a Robo-Tank DIY Aquarium Controller Kit jeremyh 43 45,143 02-26-2017, 09:37 PM