Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello!
Hi everyone!

In the beginning stages of putting together a 90gal reef tank. 

Let me get this out now.. I have a problem with projects. Yeah. It's bad. It's like an addiction? I love them. I always have something going on, it keeps me engaged I guess. Not that I finish many, but they're there. I got a new car and I didn't like the stereo so I figured I'd put a tablet in instead. Well of course the amplifiers won't work, why not make my own? So now I'm knee deep in switching mode power supply designs and planning on making a USB to optical adapter to run back to the trunk.. See? It's a problem. 

My last tank many years ago had relays and individual timers for simple automation, so I knew when I got my girlfriend interested in marine aquariums I'd find a way to automate our new system better, and hey, I have that raspberry pi touchscreen laying around.. Nope, stop, not another project. I have enough going on with just building a stand and drilling a tank and plumbing it, and probably have to build a skimmer from scratch... Yup.

So RoboTank is a nice compromise.. Semi-DIY but is way better than anything I could have done on my own from scratch. And I suck at programming anyway! I've been pouring through the old threads and Rob has been awesome so far, this looks like an incredible effort. It's great now and I can't wait to see where it goes.

I have a background in R&D engineering, SMD soldering, fabrication and robotics prototyping, so if I can be of any help, just ask!

Thanks!
--Jared
Reply to top

Messages In This Thread
Hello! - by Skwerl77 - 04-05-2018, 02:53 PM
RE: Hello! - by Rob F - 04-05-2018, 10:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello From France Idefixes 5 2,063 11-25-2022, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Hello All josh237 3 1,777 07-15-2022, 09:13 PM
  Hello from Toronto dcartier 3 2,675 12-24-2021, 11:33 AM
  Hello from Tenerife - Canary Islands Salmonetin 21 13,003 12-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Salmonetin