Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Toronto
I stumbled on to your project on R2R. Great! In the past I have always built my controllers myself from modules and BOBs using RPI or Beaglebones, but having some off the shelf carriers with built in ports will be welcomed.

One suggestion I have is to add the support of currency for ordering on the website. In my case, having my credit card charged in CAD, paying the 1.5-2% currency conversion charge to USD and then having you (most likely) convert it back to CAD increases the cost of the sale for both parties.

Anyway, I am looking forward to trying your stuff out.

Dennis
Reply to top
Hi Dennis, welcome to the forum. Even though I'm in Canada it works best for me to collect USD as everything I buy is mostly in USD. I hear you on the conversions that's why I do it this way. Once you get to the Paypal site from the shopping cart it should show you what you would be charged in CAD, I don't think Paypal will charge your card in USD.

Thanks
Rob
Reply to top
(12-24-2021, 11:03 AM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Dennis, welcome to the forum. Even though I'm in Canada it works best for me to collect USD as everything I buy is mostly in USD. I hear you on the conversions that's why I do it this way. Once you get to the Paypal site from the shopping cart it should show you what you would be charged in CAD, I don't think Paypal will charge your card in USD.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob, yes, PayPal does charge in CAD, but using a marked up exchange rate. So already with the exchange premium included. In the past, when I was ordering from Amazon, I had the option of paying in USD (and letting the CC do the conversion), or having Amazon do it. I compared both routes and, believe it or not, the CC was cheaper. I have not compared PayPal, but would expect similar results.

Any plans to make a version of the probe module for ORP?

Dennis
Reply to top
Yeah unfortunately they all love to make up their own rates, I do believe Paypal cost more, they love raising rates. Sorry those are the rates I work with, if I did the conversions it would be based on Paypal. Another sad thing is shipping inside Canada costs me more than to the US and lots of international.

I hope at some point in the near future I can get an ORP circuit, last week I may have stumbled across some info that will help but it will be some time to get everything worked out.

If you do order something you might want to wait a few days, I just made some changes to the controller and will be posting about it in a day or two.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello From France Idefixes 5 1,979 11-25-2022, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Hello All josh237 3 1,703 07-15-2022, 09:13 PM
  Hello from Tenerife - Canary Islands Salmonetin 21 12,584 12-04-2020, 03:38 PM
Last Post: Salmonetin
  Hello and general questions Weasel1960 3 3,192 09-09-2020, 11:24 PM