Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echotech MP60 interface
I recently bought 2 used ecotech vortech MP60's I know they are DC variable speed. I have been looking on different forums and websites to see if anyone has been able to interface these pumps to a third party controller. Some have with varying degrees of success. Any ideas or knowledge if they will work with the RT interface? I plan on disassembling one soon and doing some tests to see if I can identify the wireing. It looks like there is way more than 3 conductors going from the controller to the pump.
Reply to top
Those look like nice powerheads, I did a bit of looking around but couldn't find anything. Don't know why there would be more than 3 conductors but try checking for voltages where the powerhead plugs into the controller, one of the wires voltage should change and then 24v I assume and ground.
Reply to top
Chris don't they come with a controller to make them work?? If so then why take a chance of bricking them till some has a working code for them?
Reply to top
It's not really about the code, its the signal or type of dimming it uses that matters. It should be analog or digital like all the others but...
Reply to top
They do come with their own controller, with a wireless interface to sync them together. These are used pumps and one of the controllers has some problems with the wireless connectivity so I am just exploring my options. I did see that I can buy a new wireless module directly from Ecoteck but it's a little pricey. Also I would like the ability to run everything through the RT interface if I had the option.
Reply to top
I will be out of town for the next 10 days but as soon as I get back I'll start testing to see if I can find the control, power and ground wires. Bad time to go out of town my replacement boards from Rob are scheduled for delivery tomorrow.?
Reply to top