Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
display sketch
when running the compiler   i get  on line 816  of the display sketch

setSyncProvider(syncProvider);
Reply to top
are you using IDE 1.6.0 to compile the sketch?
Reply to top
Also make sure you have all the libraries from the package copied to your arduino library directory "documents/Arduino/Libraries/"
Reply to top
changed to 1.6 so im good to go as far as loading the display sketch . When i went to load the power bar sketch in to the mega i get

Arduino: 1.6.0 (Windows 8), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Using library Wire in folder: C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire

Using library Adafruit_PWM_Library in folder: C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_PWM_Library (legacy)

Using library EEPROM in folder: C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\EEPROM

Using library OneWire in folder: C:\Users\Aron\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire

Using library SPI in folder: C:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI

Using library arduino-DHT-master in folder: C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\arduino-DHT-master (legacy)

C:\Program Files\Arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10600 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\Wire -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_PWM_Library -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\EEPROM -IC:\Users\Aron\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OneWire -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI -IC:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\arduino-DHT-master C:\Users\Aron\AppData\Local\Temp\build6439904884132768109.tmp\POWER_BAR_RoboTank_V1_6.cpp -o C:\Users\Aron\AppData\Local\Temp\build6439904884132768109.tmp\POWER_BAR_RoboTank_V1_6.cpp.o

POWER_BAR_RoboTank_V1_6.ino:27:22: fatal error: Ethernet.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
Error compiling.

never mind i got it
Reply to top
It's having problems finding some libraries. I attached a copy of the ethernet and SD library. Copy them to the arduino library directory. If it still can't find them you might have to do this is the IDE. Click "Sketch", "Import Library", "Add Library" and manually add each one. Then restart the IDE and try it again.

Attached Files
.zip   Ethernet.zip (Size: 46.46 KB / Downloads: 166)
.zip   SD.zip (Size: 58.23 KB / Downloads: 172)
Reply to top
I got everything uploaded, everything had green lights but no display. do i need to uncomment a different screen
Reply to top
What screen are you using? That's most likely the problem, is the screen lighting up at all? If there seems to be no power to the screen make sure all the pins have lined up (I missed a whole row when I first put my mega on the power board, it's easy done if a pin is bent slightly), also try powering the boards at the display board to make sure your patch cable isn't the issue.
Reply to top
Thanks for the reply's. I got it to work late last night, after changing the screen type to the 5 and 7 in display. The last one in the sketch. Witch doesn't make sence to me since I am using the sereen that came with the kit. Tonight i am going to try and get the calibration file put in and reupload the sketch. I know i shoukd have done that first but i just wanted to get the thing to work.
Reply to top
Hi aron04, glad you got it working. You do have the correct display type, I will be making that the default from this point on. For the calibration copy the CPLD 7" UTouchCD.h file to the UTouch library folder on your computer, overwrite the existing file and then restart the IDE and upload.
Reply to top
Okay, Rob will do. I will post later later an update. Still looking ok on that ship date? I think i want to add to it :)
Reply to top
Sounds good, fingers crossed for you. The boards are on route to me but there was an exception today at the border, hopefully I can get it shipped to you in a week.. If you need anything send me an email or PM.
Reply to top
Got the light working and wow are they bright. I will do a complete build thread when I start the real build in a week or so.
Reply to top
Nice, looking forwarding to seeing it all.
Reply to top
Aron are you the same one from my you tube channel?
Reply to top
Yes i am.

The one that postes the question on your vid . Not the one from Aron's Aquarium
Reply to top
cool glad you found your way hear sorry your having problems
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  display mirrored roland33 7 6,733 04-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Display Problem simonv92 12 9,547 03-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Last Post: Rob F