Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new expansion modules
How goes the shipping of the new expansion modules? I haven't read anything or didn't see anything yet. I see the pre order prices are still available.
Also, when I order the complete RoboTank controller I see it comes with 1 power montoring power bar. If I order the non power monitoring power bar also, will that interfer with the monitoring pb?
Reply to top
Hi Jerry, I haven't shipped anything yet but do have them all working. There were a few changes I made to the boards so I ordered new ones the other day so probably 10 days they're ready. The biggest change is the ATO expansion, now it has 4 sensor ports, an alarm buzzer and I added 3 push buttons on the PCB with a RGB LED so it can be customized without the controller. It'll be better than anything out there IMO but hey I'm biased lol.

You can mix the power bars, you'll still see watts under each outlet on the manual outlets screen showing 0 as there's no setting to hide it.
Reply to top
(09-25-2019, 03:42 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Jerry, I haven't shipped anything yet but do have them all working. There were a few changes I made to the boards so I ordered new ones the other day so probably 10 days they're ready. The biggest change is the ATO expansion, now it has 4 sensor ports, an alarm buzzer and I added 3 push buttons on the PCB with a RGB LED so it can be customized without the controller. It'll be better than anything out there IMO but hey I'm biased lol.

You can mix the power bars, you'll still see watts under each outlet on the manual outlets screen showing 0 as there's no setting to hide it.

Great info. With my recent experience with Vertex Cerebra getting no updates this is refreshing and reassureing. Myself, I'm not too concerned about wattage.
Thanks for the reply.
Reply to top
No problem and I'm always working on improving it and hope to never stop. Yeah the wattage showing is no big deal that's why I left it for now.
Reply to top
(09-25-2019, 03:42 PM)Rob F Wrote: Hi Jerry, I haven't shipped anything yet but do have them all working. There were a few changes I made to the boards so I ordered new ones the other day so probably 10 days they're ready. The biggest change is the ATO expansion, now it has 4 sensor ports, an alarm buzzer and I added 3 push buttons on the PCB with a RGB LED so it can be customized without the controller. It'll be better than anything out there IMO but hey I'm biased lol.

What's the latest on shipping?
Reply to top
Hi Jerry, they're all basically ready to ship expect the ATO, I need a couple parts still which should be here Monday and need to finish code for it. It'll be another week or so until I do the presentation as I'm busy assembling a large order. A kind soul out there put their faith in me and ordered everything possible that will connect to the controller (28 pieces) which is why I'm doing all the expansions now. Once I get everything assembled I'll be making a video of everything running, I've never been excited to make a video but this one I can't wait.

Here's an image of the boards

[Image: DSCN7612-Optimized.JPG]
Reply to top
Outstanding. I haven't seen any updates posted here so that's my main motive to see how you're doing and that there is progress is very good. Thanks for the quick and detailed reply.
Reply to top
Yeah I probably should be posting more updates but not enough hours in the day.
Reply to top
those things look nice. great work on the new boards. now I know where to go to get special boards made :)
Reply to top
lol, thanks. Just trying to finish up the ATO, I'm most excited about it.
Reply to top
Is everything else shipping besides the ATO?   K0507
Reply to top
Actually everything else is closer to shipping then the ATO, I'm still finishing up the features and code but it won't be much longer.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New group reff pi pavol14pavol 1 2,084 02-16-2020, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Forum Modification for new users/potential customers? stephanbitterwolf 6 6,674 02-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Last Post: Rob F