Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
connection issues
Hi Can anyone tell me if there is an easy fix for connection issues?
Thanks
Matt
Reply to top
Hi Matt, sorry to hear you're having issues, when did it lose communications? Do you have a green plug under time? If you turn a relay on or off does it do it?
Reply to top
(01-02-2016, 09:02 AM)robsworld78 Wrote: Hi Matt, sorry to hear you're having issues, when did it lose communications? Do you have a green plug under time? If you turn a relay on or off does it do it?
Hi Rob,
it's no problem I have been back and forth setting this up as always life can get in the way,
I have a feeling that I have never had a connection, the plug under the clock is red, the relays won't turn on or off if I try.
I was wondering if it could be the touch screen I am using, I attached the details of it below if you could look over it that would be great.
thanks for all your help.

Product Name:7" TFT LCD Module Display + Touch Panel + PCB adapter For Arduino
SKU:2289
[Image: features2.png]

Description

SSD1963 touch panel controller
voltage:2.8-3.3V
pcb adapter for lcd
one sd card socket
2*20 Pin 2.54mm double row pin header interface for connecting MCU.
can be driverd by 8051 / AVR / PIC and other low power controllers.
Resolution:800x 480 Dots

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/361317338244?...EBIDX%3AIT
Reply to top
Well its definitely not because of your display, if you have a good picture and touch works then its ok. I assume you tried a couple different ethernet patch cables? I've had an issues in the past where the IC's for the communications wasn't soldered properly, it looks good but didn't work until a solder iron was run over the pins. Is it possible to try that? Drag the soldering iron from the IC outwards. You got your kit quite early and unfortunately I didn't realize this. I did completely test your kit before sending and it worked however the other one that had this problem also tested good before it left. I've changed the part to a bigger package so this can't happen in the future.
Reply to top
Hi Rob and everyone,
I have just been doing the 1.6 update, I know I've been slack. but while trying to load the sketch for the expansion hub I had this failure Base64.h: No such file or directory can anyone assist.
I have loaded everything else no dramas just this one.
Thanks
Matt
PS
I sent those items back to you last wednesday Rob I hope they get to you soon.
Reply to top
Hi guys I figured out this issue but still have more.
Looking at the video it sounds like there's file that go on the sd card for the expression hub, all I have is images and three word docs is that correct? And was I right to use the previous versions default sketches as there were none on the download I did.
Thanks
Reply to top
your 3 word docs should be .TXT files and yes there are 3 user, and pass, and tweetID. a ton of .raw files over a 100 I belive it is now they are what make the icons on your control screens do you have all them?

have you got the main screen to load with touch yet? if not the more info you provide the more we can help some one is always around to help I check the boards several times a day.
Reply to top
Hi Matt, thanks for sending the kit back I still can't believe I mixed the orders.

On the ethernet SD car there's 20 files total, there all in a folder called "Ethernet Micro_SD Card". You don't need any default eeprom files now, after you fire it up, go to settings, customize, outlets and then exit the screen. You should be able to access it via a browser using your local IP address.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IP/webpage issues lumpylipton 14 12,862 01-29-2018, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Help with Controller Issues koast 8 8,810 05-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Rob F
Sad Serious issues V2 Arne 37 30,833 12-10-2016, 05:31 PM
Last Post: Arne