Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Access
Well I've been working hard on the ethernet portion and thought I would show off what I have so far. Any comments or suggestions would be great.

First on the display in "system settings" there's a section called "Network" which will grow over time. Here you can see your local IP address and the username and password to log in. When you plug the ethernet board into your network and turn it on it will automatically scan your network and retrieve your local IP address. This is the address you need to type into your computer to access it when you are at home or connected directly to your network. When you connect outside your network you will have to port forward the arduino and then use the IP address given by your internet provider. I will be adding the port to the IP soon. I also plan to have the display show the IP you need to access outside your network.

So the point of all this is when you plug into your network with Robo-Tank you won't have to guess how to access it or touch any code. 

The username and password is random and random from the get go, meaning when you restart the arduino and hit the generate user + pass button you won't see the same passwords from last time. Usually random isn't random on arduinos.

I pounded my head for 3 days trying to get the user/password feature to work and I'm happy to say it works excellent. When you generate a user and password from the display it ends up on the ethernet Due and gets saved to the SD card on the w5100 shield. The auto generator uses A-Z, 0-9 and lots of special characters so they won't be easy to crack and yes hard to remember. I plan to remove some letters and characters because they are to similar and way overkill. And of course you can simply open the user.txt and pass.txt file on the SD card, input your own 9 digit username and password and the controller will figure it out.

[Image: DSCN0082-Optimized.JPG]

For the webpage itself its protected with basic authorization using the browser login form. It loads very fast and all the data is updated using AJAX so no page refreshing or flickering. The sensors that say N/A means not available because its not receiving any valid data because I don't have them connected. Once connected they would show what they should. 

The outlet controls update automatically when I make a change on the controller display, if I turn it off using the controller it will immediately go off on the web page. If I turn an outlet on/off on the webpage I will see the change on the controller display. Left hand always knows what the right hand is doing. Smile  And of course the names on the outlets change if I assign them as something different. If I change outlet 1 which is a light to a power head it will automatically change to saying power head is on or off.

When I hit the feed button I see all the outlets change states because it goes in feed mode, the display also shows the fish are being feed. I will be adding the time to show when they were last feed.

Now that I'm getting into it I can see a lot more to come in the future. I will be moving on to other things once I get a few more basics on there so I can get the other equipment working then I'll come back to it to add more goodies. 

[Image: Ethernet%20Screenshot.jpg]
Reply to top
Happy to report after a long night I manged to get the controller to connect to the internet, retrieve your external IP and store it. It will do this every few hours, if your IP address changes you'll receive an alert telling you it happened.   K05164 

This address will be seen on the display which means you'll always know the web address you need to type in a browser so you can connect to the controller from anywhere in the world easily. Smile
Reply to top
Wow this is really fantastic man can not wait to get mine now
Reply to top
K05164 can't wait
Reply to top
I was pretty excited to get it working with the external IP checker, I have a big trip coming up and was sure I needed to order a service to check it, but not anymore. Smile Now I just wish the arduino was capable of handling SSL for emails but sadly it appears not. So yeah soon, very soon. I did screw up on the board of course, beside the header, I forgot to add 2 resistors for the eeprom so it didn't work until I added them, nice thing is the pins are lined up properly so it doesn't look to bad. So you guy will have a board that isn't perfect but hey once you plug in the ethernet shield you won't see it haha.
Reply to top
K0508 when is the how to i have all the parts now hahahahahhaah
Reply to top
So what your saying is we get them at cost and pre built)
Reply to top
I think I have all the parts also can't wait to play with this
Reply to top
Sorry the how to will be a bit, my plate is so full right now. I need to get everyone who has the kits up and going, after all they are the ones who are making this happen. Without the support I've gotten I wouldn't have the money to invest into it. I'll never forget all of you for believing in me. K05103 But not to worry it will be coming.
Reply to top
Not a problem I can wait till you catch up. I can wait till round two of the boards
Reply to top
Unfortunately everyone's going to have to wait till round two on the boards. I've been doing some work on the other features and found more small issues on the board. Good thing is I was able to solve them. I got the ATO system fully working and very happy with how it works, can't imagine it gets any better. Smile I added the ATO settings to the Service Page on the home screen dock. I'm going to add a graphic to the webpage showing when the ATO goes off and the last time it happened. Eventually this data will be logged so you can see back in time when different things happened. It will also be a web alert so you can get a message on any device when it triggers and ends.

So yeah the plan is to have new boards within 3 weeks which allows me time to get the features on it working. I'm going away on Jan 22 for 3 weeks, I hope there's time to get some shipped out before I leave, it'll be close.
Reply to top
Thought I would drop another teaser haha... Here's the new system settings page. The setting for checking the external IP can be from 2-24 hours and now all the glitches are worked out. The port number was added for port forwarding, if you want to connect from anywhere you need to add a port forwarding rule to your router, nothing can be done about that. It's easy to do and I choose port number 7626 because that's robo when you dial it on a phone. :) The controller will find the local IP so you won't need to guess which address you need to forward. After that type whatever you see as the external IP address in any web browser and you'll be live. Next is the web alerts.

[Image: system_settings.jpg]
Reply to top
wow this is great work Rob. external Ip checking and showing what it is for new users will help a lot. specially for people that need help, can you put some thing under the white line like (For custom login go to user config.) Just to cut down on the how do I add my own password and user name
Reply to top
But I want people to use the auto generator, I put so much work into it and if people know how to add their own which one do you think they'll choose. JK of course, I might do that but there will be a good user manual when its finished.
Reply to top
we can wait for the manual in the mean time let them use the generate button
Reply to top
K05118 looks real good there rob
Can't wait till you have all the boards
Reply to top
Happy New Year Neongt and everyone else. Thanks the boards should be shipping any day now and I'm working hard on the software to have it ready when they get here.
Reply to top
Great thanks for working hard K05118

K0507 Happy New Year robsworld78 K0507
Reply to top
Happe new year for all of you!!
Reply to top
Happy New Year!
Reply to top