Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wave-maker
Question 
hi everybody,

quick question.
I've got a jebao RW8 wave maker which uses 24v and a 5v PWM signal for speed control
is it possible to connect the PWM signal to a lighting channel and to use it as a speedcontroller?

of course I know 24v is outside of the maximum, and I know I have to tie the 0v line of the wave maker to the 0v of the due in order to make the PWM work with a transistor.

since the controller has 16 lighting channels and I only plan on using 8 I was wondering if it is possible to do something like this.

kind regards,

wouter
Reply to top
Hi Wouter, it sounds like it would work to me. if you connect a 24v power supply to the jebao, connect all the grounds so they're common and of course the 5v PWM signal I can't see why it wouldn't. You should be able to control it like an LED. I'm going to be starting actual controls for waver makers soon so if you don't mind testing I'll be happy to send you lots. Smile
Reply to top
I don't mind testing.
But I don't have the controller since I don't have a tank to use it on yet.

I just wanted to know if it is possible since I will be using 1 or more wavemakers and PWM controlled pumps in the sump.
the normal controllers on the pumps work just fine but since this is such a fancy controller I'd love to also have control over my pumps actual speed.

regarding normal pumps you can use a normal lamp-dimmer and hook it up to a digital servo so you use the PWM of the arduino to control the servo which in his place controls the dimmer.
Reply to top
Ah, no tank and no controller is a bit of problem. haha. I do remember you from plantedtank, I thought you had one. I'm happy you found your way over. Once you get a tank we'll make a deal. Maybe by then it will make actual waves. Using the LED channels you can only ramp up and down 6 times a day. I like the servo idea, there's no limits what can be done if you use your imagination.
Reply to top
well I was hoping to exclude the light channels which I'm using for the wavemakers from the ramps, or at least set them to the same value around the clock so they don't shift in power during the day
Reply to top
Without a small mod to the code the ramps would affect the wavemaker however you can set the speed the same on each ramp so it never changes.
Reply to top
alright, well maybe when I finally got my new tank and controller it's already implemented :P otherwise I think I'm going to set the ramps all to the same setting
Reply to top
Yeah lets hope so. Smile Definitely coming though...
Reply to top