Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready
(04-30-2019, 05:45 PM)Rob F Wrote: I've checked with mine and I can get 25.9, 26.0, 26.1 and back so it's likely sensor or noise in aquarium. You could add a ground or remove the sensor from the water to see if that improves it to verify.
didn't try anything yet to figure it out since I'm fine with how the controller works.
with a refresh of the screen values every second you bound to have minor fluctuations in my opinion.

none the less, when I finally going to fit the SSR all the wiring will be re-done and there will be no more 230Vac wires near the controller or sensor wires.
so that should rule out EMC.
as far as lose contacts go, ever since I updated there has changed nothing physically with my set-up I got hold of a USB extension so the controller stays firmly build in my cabinet.

btw got my first I2C crap-out at around 10:05 (local) during the first fade
Reply to top
One of those three should help, the temps are quite stable, once and a while I'll see mine jump 2 points but it's rare. I didn't think you had anything connected to SCL/SDA pins, you shouldn't have the I2C lockup unless you do.
Reply to top
The RTC is on the SCL/SDA pins ;)
Reply to top
I was referring to anything extras, the I2C shouldn't lock with just the RTC. If the RTC has jumpers can you shortened them.
Reply to top
It has 2 headers, don’t recall jumpers.
What do I need to short?
Reply to top
Oops, jumpers was supposed to be wires, don't short anything. I think the board you have the RTC has jumpers attached which plugs into the board or is the RTC plugged in directly to the board or built in? If it has wires try shortening them.
Reply to top
No it’s gen2 so the RTC is hooked up with cheap breadboard wires.
Think I’ll solder on some copper wires directly to the RTC
Reply to top
That would be good, make them as short as possible too.
Reply to top
Ended up fitting the RTC directly on the pins of the robo-tank using the header on the RTC so no soldering there.
I did solder the 5v and GND though.

If this doesn’t solve it I might order a headerless RTC so I can solder it in place.
It is a RTC 3231 right?
Reply to top
Nice that's as close as you can get. The GND and 5v doesn't matter, that should do it. The RTC is a DS3231.
Reply to top
Well soldering eliminates the headers which can corrode over time and cause noise
Reply to top
Something has gone haywire...
Came home yesterday, lights were off figured it had to do something with the RTC since it already had failed 2 times before so didn’t bother with it i had to reset the controller using the reset button on the controller arduino.
Fitted the RTC as mentioned above and left it for what it was.
Came home today and only the white was on at full blast when it should only be at 12** other channels were off, wierd things happend when swapping light modes.
On one of the modes violet was fully on and on another everything went off while it shouldn’t be off.
Got the controller to reset properly by saving the time and date settings and now the PWM responds properly.

In regards to the lights, the PWM command wire from the controller to the LDD’s runs separate from any AC lines
As for the DC lines they run more or less separate from the PWM wire

Btw if I do recall correctly the PWM is handled by a PCA chip which is also on the I2C?
Since the arduino I’m using is a Chinese knock-off could it be that the arduino is the cause of it? If so how do I make sure it is?
Reply to top
I also have a problem with the RTC clock, it will switch itself to 2009 and at 23:46.
Then only reset.
gen2
Reply to top
(05-10-2019, 11:45 AM)Irass Wrote: I also have a problem with the RTC clock, it will switch itself to 2009 and at 23:46.
Then only reset.
gen2
Exactly that, had the same thing twice now
Reply to top
Irass and fietsenrex, I will send you some sketches in a few hours if my computer cooperates, having lots of issues with USB ports so uploading isn't going so well at the moment.
Reply to top
Watchdog sketches?
Reply to top
Same issue before unplugged ph sensor. A little bit More stable now .
But the issue I have regularly is the t° sensors are frozen. There are all new ones. I need to restart controller or/and to unplug/plug those sensors.
Reply to top
I have had the same problem. since I disconect the I2C (Ph and ORB probe vrom Atlas) it works without mistake.
I think it is a problem with the I2C bus...
Reply to top
I have restored the 4.10 version no problems, clock date, schedules, light modes, etc. work
Reply to top
(05-11-2019, 01:53 PM)Irass Wrote: I have restored the 4.10 version no problems, clock date, schedules, light modes, etc. work
Are you running a PH probe? If so is it working properly in V4.1?
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 32,769 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 23,901 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready Rob F 157 88,923 04-18-2019, 10:43 PM
  Robo-Tank v5.0 is Ready Rob F 206 144,118 04-03-2019, 09:18 AM