Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping
Hi

Is it possible to ship with ups acces point?
I have read on internet that ups and kiala are working togheter now.
Its very easy , cheap and they bring it to a dilivery point that you chose.
Book store, super market ect....
I use kiala allot for sending second hand stuf. It costs me 5€ per pakkage.
You can also pay the pakkage when its arrived at the shop. 
It has got a trakking system and tekst an mail service when the pakkage arrived at the store of your choice.
Maybe you can chec it out. I think it was 8,50$ per pakkage international. 

Gtrz Dice
Reply to top
Interesting, I will definitely look into it. I've checked shipping with UPS and the cheapest they will do for international is usually $120 + customs when it lands. That's not to a UPS access point but I can't imagine it being even half of what they normally want. I will call them and see what they say about it.
Reply to top
Called UPS and there's no way I'm shipping internationally for under $100, even to an access point, and when they deliver you can bet they will be charging extra for importing. I've also had to remove Ground shipping as an option, I can only ship via Air because it's taking way to long otherwise. Its unfortunate but nothing I can do.
Reply to top
I've been looking more into the shipping options, one alternative is SecureShip, they get volume discounts and pass it on. This is through UPS or Fedex and brings the cost down to around $70, much better than the $120 I was getting direct. Its still not worth it for a kit but its ok for bigger orders because cost doesn't go up much with weight where Canada Post it does make a big difference.

I did update the shipping weights, it turns out the 3 board only kit, no arduinos or anything extra weighs .490kg boxed up which means Air shipping by Canada Post is only $20 which isn't to bad considering, still doesn't include tracking but its quite reliable and has insurance. Before the cost was coming up around $38. The magic number is .5 kg with Canada Post, if the package is .51 kg they want $38. The full kit with a display weights about 1.3kg so that cost about $47. Most international destinations cost around the same.
Reply to top