Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Analog Sensors to Robo-Tank
You can use the following optical sensor for the main ATO sensor port and the 5 analog ports however you need to add one resistor to the sensor before powering it up, if this resistor is not added the sensor will be damaged.

[Image: optical_sensor.jpg]

Your sensor will likely have that white plug on the sensor, cut it off, strip back the wires and before connecting to controller add a 390 ohm resistor to the red wire, direction of the resistor doesn't matter. The other side of the resistor you can push into the green connector for the controller, the other wires connect as described above. The white and blue wire must go to the +5v pin and the yellow wire is the signal which goes to the main ATO sensor port or any of the analog port pins.

Once connected be sure to go settings, hardware, analog sensors and set the port for the optical sensor to "analog sensor".
Reply to top
Does this also apply to the XKC-Y25-V non contact liquid level sensor? Robo-tank version 4.2 and version 5.x?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
You can use the XKC-Y25-V on v4.2 and 5.0 and doesn't need any resistors, just a straight connection to controller. I have a couple of these and they work good. This sensor is available in a few types, the best is the XKC-Y25-V like you posted. Here's an image with wire coloring.

[Image: xkc-y25-v.jpg]
Reply to top
Rob, to be sure I understand...
Even if we use the main ato sensor, we need that resistor? Or just for the other 5 analog ports?
Reply to top
Well that kind of depends on what controller board you have. If your board has those jumpers for the analog sensor ports then that resistor is on the board for the 5 analog ports and likely the ATO is setup with that. For a while I had the ATO setup to use the optical sensor but I was replacing so many I had to quit using them and then removed that resistor as most other sensors don't require it. If you let me know the Rev of your board I can verify.
Reply to top
Réf D for the mine
Reply to top
Your board does have that 390ohm resistor on the main ATO sensor port so you can connect the optical sensor directly. You also have those jumpers for the 5 analog ports on the right side. If you set those jumpers to "Enabled" the 390ohm resistor will be used.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connecting Rob Wheatley 12 10,701 09-10-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  analog signal jimsreef 6 8,725 04-13-2016, 09:06 PM
  Video - Connecting Expansion Hub To Controller For The First Time Rob F 0 6,244 03-01-2016, 04:30 PM