Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robo-Tank v5.0 is Ready
Someone informed me when an Atlas circuit is plugged in the controller locks up, I'm looking into it and should have a fix soon.

If you have a circuit send me a message and I'll send you a sketch to test.
Reply to top
Ja Rob , das macht es bei mir auch , mit Atlas stempel blockiert das display
Reply to top
Thanks Addi, if you send me an email and let me know what circuits you have I'll send you a controller sketch to test.
Reply to top
Ich habe ph ezo, orp ezo, ec ezo
Reply to top
I just sent you an email with a sketch to test, let me know in email how it goes so we don't clog this up. :)
Reply to top
Hab es installiert , läuft jetzt seid 1 Stunde , es fehlt EC und TDS , hast du evl nicht aktiviert
Reply to top
Hi Rob,
I have ph and Ec ones.
Reply to top
(02-09-2019, 09:43 PM)Rob F Wrote: Someone informed me when an Atlas circuit is plugged in the controller locks up, I'm looking into it and should have a fix soon.

If you have a circuit send me a message and I'll send you a sketch to test.
I have Atlas circuit ph en EC
Reply to top
I spent a lot of time going through version 5 yesterday and here are a few things I have noticed that don't seem to be working quite right.  

The heater control doesn't seem to be operating as I would expect it to. To get the my two heaters to function I had to set both of them to the same temperature for on and off.  I normally set one as my primary heater with a smaller temp difference and then my secondary with a larger temp difference to come on when the primary heater cant keep up especially when it is cold outside.  Additionally when the temp reading was fluctuating between 77.1 and 77 the controller was causing a rapid firing of the relays for the heaters.  This really didn't make sense to me since my on temp was 77 and my off temp was 78 at the time.  I would have expected the controller to turn on the heater at 77 and then leave it on till temp reached the off temp.  I played around with it for a while and could not figure out a way to make it function like we would expect it to.  Just not what is going on but I suspect it may be code related.

The temperature display on the left hand side of the screen doesn't seen to update the temp in real time or ever unless you go into a different screen and then go back to the home screen.

Overall I am very impressed with V5 and cant wait until all the bugs get worked out of it.
Reply to top
Der Fehler ist noch nicht behoben , das Display friert noch ein mit den Sonden

Das Display friert noch ein
Reply to top
Hey guys, I will send you a sketch via email to test, this time it will only read the ph circuit but you should still be able to plug them all in.

Thanks for feedback jasbeckett, a little surprised about those things and will look into them. The heaters are setup as you expect, when temp hit 77 it should turn on and not be touched again till temp hits 78 when it shuts off and stays off till 77.

The temps not updating on the home page blows my mind, every second data is coming into the display and when sitting on the home page it shows that data where it should. I'm guessing you tried a power cycle?
Reply to top
(02-10-2019, 05:23 PM)Yeah I tried a power cycle and independently restarting the display and controller as well as restarting the controller. I am also noticing the schedules appear to be acting a little wonky and don’t seem to be resuming properly. I am not sure if it is a bug or if I still just getting used to there behavior. For example Have fudge light scheduled to come on at 7:30 pm and go off at 6:30 am. When I checked on the tank this afternoon the fudge light was still on and the schedule didn’t reset until I went into the schedules and looked at the off schedule. The outlet it is attached to was not in manual mode at the time.Rob F Wrote: Hey guys, I will send you a sketch via email to test, this time it will only read the ph circuit but you should still be able to plug them all in.

Thanks for feedback jasbeckett, a little surprised about those things and will look into them. The heaters are setup as you expect, when temp hit 77 it should turn on and not be touched again till temp hits 78 when it shuts off and stays off till 77.

The temps not updating on the home page blows my mind, every second data is coming into the display and when sitting on the home page it shows that data where it should. I'm guessing you tried a power cycle?
Reply to top
Just so I'm clear, did the schedule respond when viewing upcoming schedules, viewing schedule list or viewing schedule details as in an edit?

I'm looking at the heaters now and see why the relay was flipping at 77.0 and 77.1. I sent you a controller sketch which should fix the heaters. If the heaters aren't working independently try removing all the heaters and adding them back.

Also when you setup that schedule was the outlet supposed to be on or off and was it correct after you set it?
Reply to top
Ok so I've packaged up v5.01 which you can download from your account, the password is the same.

This should fix the heaters and I did find some problem with the schedules not taking effect immediately, should be ok now. If you find anything else let me know.

If you already updated to v5.00 you only need to upload the sketches and delete all the images from display SD card and replace with images in download package. It's a good idea to do this as fewer files on the SD card will make it a little faster, having all those images from v4.2 only slows it down.

Also some other minor things
  • progress bar on startup
  • clearing the date at midnight so text doesn't overlap because text for today is shorter than text from yesterday
  • added missing images
Atlas circuits are still being worked on, sorry it's difficult without having one.

I have a short trip tomorrow so I won't be around until Tuesday.
Reply to top
Hello Rob,
I setup the display to fade off without clock or screen saver checked but it is not fading off,need to do something else?
Reply to top
Updated to 5.01 today and it seems to have fixed the heater and schedule issues that I was seeing. The parameters on the left hand side of the screen still don’t update until you leave the home page and return to it. When I start the controller they stay on N/A until I go to another page. When I return they read the current temps etc. still trying to confirm if they are updating once they initially display. The atlas circuits still are not functioning. The controller locks up on startup and will not load until the circuit is disconnected and controller is restarted. I also noticed in the ATO there is no evidence of a backup float available.

I just confirmed that the parameters  on the left hand side of the screen are not updating at all except for the initial reading. Additionally screen will not fade to off at all. Stays on at full brightness all of the time.
Reply to top
(02-11-2019, 01:36 AM)johnrc Wrote: Hello Rob,
I setup the display to fade off without clock or screen saver checked but it is not  fading off,need to do  something else?

Hi Johnrc, all the settings in the screensaver box haven't been added yet however you can still have it fade to off if on the same page you deselect the option to use the photocell and then you can have the screen dim 100% after X seconds following last touch of screen.

(02-11-2019, 07:57 PM)jasbeckett Wrote: Updated to 5.01 today and it seems to have fixed the heater and schedule issues that I was seeing. The parameters on the left hand side of the screen still don’t update until you leave the home page and return to it. When I start the controller they stay on N/A until I go to another page. When I return they read the current temps etc. still trying to confirm if they are updating once they initially display. The atlas circuits still are not functioning. The controller locks up on startup and will not load until the circuit is disconnected and controller is restarted. I also noticed in the ATO there is no evidence of a backup float available.

I just confirmed that the parameters  on the left hand side of the screen are not updating at all except for the initial reading. Additionally screen will not fade to off at all. Stays on at full brightness all of the time.

Those temps not updating on the home page is a real surprise, I have a feeling only you are experiencing this, I've never seen it. I'm guessing you have date/time on the display, the plug under clock is green and you probably have a health meter. When the controller sends data it first sends that info then all the sensor data. The equipment connected screen from hardware menu is what decides which data comes, I'm thinking something isn't in sync with that screen and controller, try the following.

Go to hardware and equipment connected, then touch every option 3 times so it cycles and disabled/enabled and then set how you want. Then press save and the controller and display should restart. After it restarts everything should be there, if not try power down the controller/display and turn back on.

When you say no evidence of backup float I'm guessing you referring to on the display? There never has been a reference to it as it's not tied into the Arduino or code, it'll still work if Arduino died. Without the backup float closed no power can get to the pump. So there is no way for the controller to know if it's open or closed. Also the backup float only works if you are using the DC pump port on controller, if you use AC outlet backup doesn't nothing, you have to instead use a backup with custom rules. 

Also I sent everyone who has had issues with Atlas circuits more sketches to upload. I managed to get my PH circuit working and I'm getting numbers on the display. I made a small change but not much, I hope it works for you all. Make sure you connect the same way and wire, etc... when you had them running on v4.2. If it still locks up and its possible without too much trouble try connected only one circuit at a time. Shouldn't make a difference though as if one is read they should all be read. Also open the serial monitor on controller and after 20 seconds you'll start seeing reading. If it's locked check if the "eeprom should read 50" actually shows 50.
Reply to top
Die Heitzung geht nur im Modus Fahrenheit , Grad celsius ist ohne Funktion
Reply to top
Hi Addi, Google didn't do the best translation but I'm guessing your referring to heaters not working with celsius, I just checked and yes I really screwed up there. Even though the heater temps convert to C on display they aren't being converted on controller, I'll have a fix shortly.
Reply to top
Kein Problem Rob , das display friert mit den 5.01 code leider immer noch ein
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robo-Tank v5.20 is Ready Rob F 51 30,420 05-31-2020, 05:45 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.13 is Ready Rob F 61 35,323 06-19-2019, 12:30 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Robo-Tank v5.12 is Ready Rob F 34 22,129 04-30-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: fietsenrex
  Robo-Tank v5.10 is Ready Rob F 157 82,017 04-18-2019, 10:43 PM