Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shipping to Germany checkout problem
What wrong for shipment to Germany
Reply to top
Hi Gordon, oh no, that doesn't look good. Can you register on the web store so I can see why it's happening? I just checked it with another address from Germany and it seems to work ok, it's also possible Canada Post was giving an error as this can happen from time to time.

Also you won't have to pay any GST, once you go through the checkout and it sees you aren't in Canada that will be removed from the total.
Reply to top
When I register on notebook I get this message look at file attached but can register without problems
But for an so expensive controller you really want 133$ for shipping?
Reply to top
Oh wow, that's horrible, thank-you for the screenshot. I do see your account now and I have a special button that allows me to use your account without logging in and I was able to go through the checkout without an error so I'm not sure at the moment what's causing that, do you still get that or was a just a one time message? If you still have issues I can process the order and send you the invoice via PayPal if you like.

Sorry about the shipping, I know that is really high but that's Canada and currently there are no other options. As you can imagine this has been a problem but lucky for me in about 3-4 weeks a small courier company is moving to Alberta close to where I'm located, when this happens shipping should drop to about $70-$80 with full tracking. It's really crazy but this company drives all the packages it receives to the United States and ships with their mail system which is about half price, it's a little higher for me because I first have to ship the package to them, then they take to the USA and it goes via USPS mail service. Until this happens there isn't anything I can do, UPS or Fedex would be twice the cost and would charge you big dollars when it arrives so I don't even consider using them.
Reply to top
One other option, I see you don't need the AC power bar and with the new hardware the weight has dropped so I believe I can keep the weight under 2kg which would bring shipping down to $90 with tracking. You might have to get the DC water pump locally though as that would likely put it over the weight.
Reply to top
(12-30-2018, 03:46 PM)Rob F Wrote: One other option, I see you don't need the AC power bar and with the new hardware the weight has dropped so I believe I can keep the weight under 2kg which would bring shipping down to $90 with tracking. You might have to get the DC water pump locally though as that would likely put it over the weight.

I can also order a dc water pump here.
how about the regulation of my existing osmosis system
I have a system installed in the bathroom which in turn runs into a chamber in the sump is currently powered by an Aqua Light regulation
The original pump water sensors can be used so I can buy appropriate jack sockets only I have to know then where I need to pinch and where I link in the software
The shipping sounds good 
I'm still considering it because I have bought a lot of modules and accessories and something like the ox in front of the mountain and not get the support I expected from another aquarium controller manufacturer alone had all your detailed answers for me music in the ears
Reply to top
Yeah thankfully shipping will be better soon, our mail system is a joke.

For the RO system it depends on the type of sensors it uses? If they are 5v analog you can connect them to one of the 5 ports for float switches. I'm guessing you only need to turn it on/off when appropriate? If so you could also use float switches. The thing that makes the controller most flexible is the custom rules, uses these you can use any sensor or parameter to control any piece of equipment so whatever you plug into the 5 analog ports can be used so you shouldn't really need to make any changes to the code. I think with v5 almost any scenario can be achieved. More than the code you'll need to likely add resistors here or there for different sensors or a specific circuit to handle a special sensor. If you can rig a sensor for an Arduino it'll connect to one of the ports and can be used with the custom rules.

Not to toot my own horn but I'm pretty confident you won't find better service from anyone else. :) I'm here to help with anything I can but I did have to draw the line at the code as that's complicated to deal with through messages, also with all the arrays working together you need to be very careful if you change any of them as it could cause problems elsewhere so I don't really recommend it. The code does have some commenting and for the most part the variables and function names are self explanatory so if a person takes it slow they can find their way around.
Reply to top
no no so I did not want to change the code arbitrarily if then only with exact agreement with you or you
I do not want to break such a faultless software. which flow the devices of aqua medic have I still out to measure but I have new floating switches so everything should not be a problem
Maybe next year we can find a suitable solution!
For example, I do not need the robo tank housing because I have my own build of black acrylic and a transparent cover so that you can see something of the technology
then I synonymous, the water temperature sensors synonymous already done with jacks that I then do not need synonymous egt. maybe they come to meet me so far that they only pack the main components together and the price then maybe drops a bit and then with the shipment together then not quite so extreme
Reply to top
I have no problem with anyone changing the code, I just ask it not to be shared on the internet.

We can definitely customize a kit to whatever you need which would help bring the cost down some. Currently the compatible temperature sensors are a DS18B20 or DHT22 which has humidity as well. When I update the website I am going to add a listing that can be better customized.
Reply to top
I have 5 sensors DS18B20
and much more!
that sounds really great I'm looking forward to the purchase and wait until the software is set to German and the reversible lamps control and everything else works, among other things, then the transport company can reduce your shipping costs
even though it is about america is still better than expensive shipping costs because I'm really hot on the robo tank controller
how is it with the osmosis regulation is also on the robo controller

My tank attached

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Nice, you'll be set. :) You can connect 5 directly to the controller and I'll have an expansion that adds 8 more and 2 of those can be added.

I expect your wish list to be fulfilled in a few weeks but unfortunately the translation to German probably won't happen for a few months as I have a lot on my plate right now. Once I finish v5 I need to spend time on the website and other materials and I need to get some hardware finished which will take a couple months. Once I finish all that I hope to do some language packs but at the moment its not at the top of the list. I can probably work with you to do a few pages which would get the ball rolling at least.

Sorry I don't know much about osmosis, can you give me an example of what you would like to see happen? Now I realize I referred to it earlier as RO, shows how much I know.
Reply to top
I will do a devil and do not guarantee your software just like that on the internet because I certainly do not want to ruin the business and not the support for me

I would even like to help with the German translation and I have a Russian colleague who can certainly help with Russian as far as this language is the debate!
you send me the words you need I write the translation.
So my osmosis system runs like this
I have a distance sensor which determines the water surface as soon as the sensor is out of the water, the pump is turned on in the osmosis system and pumps until the sensor is again in the water with the tip
over there is a sensor to prevent an overflow but you can also realize both with two floating switches and the pump is by plug jack and 12 volt to operate
The osmosis water is always held mechanically by a float to 18 liters. Furthermore, I have a double tds meter before and behind the two resinex stages determines the tds value that I would like to control so that the two values ​​are displayed and the second value so directly after the finished water when the value x rises in my case, the second cartridge is renewed the granules and the cartridges reversed but only when the second value with the finished water on 001 increases the alarm and display in the dispaly would also be great

(12-30-2018, 05:54 PM)Gordon Lehmann Wrote: I have 5 sensors DS18B20
and much more!
that sounds really great I'm looking forward to the purchase and wait until the software is set to German and the reversible lamps control and everything else works, among other things, then the transport company can reduce your shipping costs
even though it is about america is still better than expensive shipping costs because I'm really hot on the robo tank controller
how is it with the osmosis regulation is also on the robo controller

My tank attached
build on my own technic sump and houses from my tank
206 gallon tank, 42 gallon technic sump, system triton core 7, 8 dosing Pumps, AM Aquarius, AM Reef LED, AM Ocean LED at TC420, AM Temp controller, Skimmer Bubble Magus Curve M7, 3 Tunze flow pumps at Tunze Multi Controller 7096, AM refill system pro
Reply to top
That's a really nice setup you have, I like the large size and stand/canopy. Looks like you've been doing this a while? I got into fish about 4 years ago but have a planted tank so still need to learn about some of this reef equipment.

Thanks on the software, I appreciate it. I hate saying not to share it but that's where a lot of the value is and all my time and unfortunately I need to eat. I'm trying to keep the controller at a good value where I can offer good support and I think I'm doing ok there.

I'm guessing you use the optical water sensor similar to this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Optical-infrare...rk:11:pf:0

I use to sell these but had lots of issues so stopped, I'm guessing it's just poorly assembled as they fogged up or water got in and shorted them. But either way you should be able to use them from your osmosis system as they work the same or maybe they sell replacements so you can get more. You would need to add 2 resistors shown in an image from the link above, I have better diagram. They would operate on the 5 analog ports.

To answer your question though you will be able to run that system with the controller. The biggest problem is running out of ports that's why I've updated the software to handle much more and soon will have the expansions.

You may have noticed the controller PCB doesn't have any BNC connectors for conductivity probe, ph etc... Today to read those parameters you need circuits from Atlas Scientific but I just made up my own circuits and hope to have them ready shortly after I finish v5. I'm setting it up so a total of 8 probes can be connected, any combination of PH, EC, DO or ORP. With the conductivity you'll get TDS value which can be used in the custom rules to turn things on/off. There will also be a maintenance mode and you can set the custom rules to not run or only run during maintenance. You can also use any parameter available to create custom alerts that can send email, notification on home page and a single beep or constant with volume level for each alarm. So with 2 EC circuits you could plug in your probes and control different things based on the different probes.

As I mentioned I don't know a lot about reef tanks which doesn't sound so good coming from someone with an aquarium controller but my idea has been to have all equipment work with all parameters which should cover any scenario. Everything is done in the custom rules so it can be custom for everyone in a central location and really easy to add them.
Reply to top
this is my osmosis system with a 60 liter drum and the sensors that measure in front of and behind the resindex filters

Attached Files Image(s)

206 gallon tank, 42 gallon technic sump, system triton core 7, 8 dosing Pumps, AM Aquarius, AM Reef LED, AM Ocean LED at TC420, AM Temp controller, Skimmer Bubble Magus Curve M7, 3 Tunze flow pumps at Tunze Multi Controller 7096, AM refill system pro
Reply to top
Ah, well not what I was really thinking, I can't see those sensors working with the controller. I was thinking the TDS sensors were regular probes with BNC connectors. Looks like its a locked system.
Reply to top
Oh for the languages once I finish v5 I'll be posting images of each of the screens on the display, you can look at those to see what needs translating if you want. I was going to use Google for translations but that's probably not the best. If your friend wants to do Russia I would add it, I have shipped one controller to St. Petersburg.
Reply to top
yes is a purchased system what I have integrated into my osmosis system! yes I was wondering that no BNC connections are available but the question was answered now yes because then yes from version 5 to expect.
I would like to be able to measure pH ec conductivity

The liquid water level sensor looks like good I think when the time ist right I buy one of them
Reply to top
You can and will be able to monitor those parameters but hate to say it, just requires more money. :) I've been using the circuits from Atlas which work good but are really expensive and hard to see my customers spend just as much money on the probes/circuits as they did on the controller and I know Atlas made more money then me haha. When I have mine ready I'll be including them in different kit versions but won't be selling the actual probes for a while so you would have to get those from another source.
Reply to top
Of course that suits! I also get along well with English, but now I've got people around me who tend to be more German if you have to take care of my pool when I'm on vacation.
my colleague will surely like to help russian
google is already good but not 100% was the correct way of writing
many seawater owners use the so-called balling or balling light method because a water change is provided my system runs with triton core 7 and I do not have to change water but the 7 liters evaporate and my skimmer eats at daily osmosis consumption
we can do that with the screenshoots as long as the picture quality is good so that I can recognize something!
i am a profession metalworker and hobby technically a tecknik freak so a perfect combination to do this and if i can help with the extension of your system i am looking forward to a cooperation as i am now provitiere

pH and EC is also only a later matter that I would like to add that's not my primary concern! It is important to me that my three lamps are controlled by the weather simulations how thunderstorms and lightning can be shown that my floating pumps are working together with the light different flow pictures can be used at night the Floating pumps work on a set power etc
Reply to top
Thanks, that sounds good and appreciate your willingness to help, the more input I get the better. The screenshots are clear, most of them are exactly what you'll see but on a couple pages the font is slightly different on the actual display. You can see a lot of the screenshots in v5 on this thread but some of those I've changed and haven't posted updated images. When I release it I'll be posting all the proper images.

https://www.robo-tank.ca/forum/Thread-Ro...eas-Needed
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Had a problem with outlet 6 & 7... Arne 7 7,752 09-16-2016, 07:05 AM
Last Post: Arne