Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controller Info Page
I was wondering if there was an issue with the controller info page of the webpage. I click on the link and nothing is displayed. It looks like it is pointing to an htm file that doesn't exist.
Also, is it possible to view graphs and the log in the webpage?
Thanks!
Reply to top
Yeah that link doesn't do anything, I got side tracked when I added it. You can't view any logs on the webpage, as you can see it's very simple. However I hope to get that going in the future. One thing I just finished is changing the format of the files to CSV so more can be done with them.

This is what I'm currently thinking for the web. You would setup a free or paid hosting account on the web and I would have a script to create a database on your account. Then the controller would send data to your database and I would have files you upload to your site to manage and view the logs. Downside is the user needs to setup, upside it's not dependent on anyone and it wouldn't use much resources from the controller. I would also have a web based "app" that you would also upload and then the controller wouldn't require the SD card for the web which does slow it down some. Also all the credentials etc could be stored in the database.

So that's the idea, if you have any suggestions feel free. With that said it will be a while before I get this finished as I have a lot on my plate but definitely working in that direction.
Reply to top
What about using a raspberry pi for the webserver?
Reply to top
I've always had plans to use a Pi but I think this will be better and won't cost anyone anything. I was thinking if I did use a Pi I would always have the basic like it is now but have the option to upgrade for the full web access. Besides the cost and extra hardware this should run faster. The controller would only be sending the parameters like it currently does and then the webserver would be running everything. If the Pi was used all the logs would be stored on it obviously but then after years of data I'm sure trying to send it all to the web at once would have lag. If the data is stored on a websever using mySQL it will always be instant. All the log files will always be stored on the controller SD card so if the websever was moved and no database backup the log files could always be uploaded to the new database. But yeah user setup is the big downfall going this route.

I've also been thinking of using my own web hosting and adding a serial number to the controllers so there would be no setup required, only thing I don't know if I want that expense even though it wouldn't be too high.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Controller not booting aquaalgae 39 27,759 07-31-2018, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Problem with the controller when the electric current is stopped. vilich 6 6,757 04-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Last Post: rott
  Video stream to http page martinc 2 4,577 10-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Last Post: rott
  Help with Controller Issues koast 8 8,702 05-15-2017, 09:55 AM
Last Post: Rob F