Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soldering Headers To Circuit Boards
Here's some diagrams showing which side of the boards to solder the headers to.

Display PCB

[Image: display_headers.jpg]

Power Bar PCB
[Image: powerbar_headers.jpg]

Connector PCB
[Image: connector_headers.jpg]
Reply to top
The first picture is missing a blue arrow to the SPI header block to the Due SPI ports.
The 3x2 female header can be crafter from two three pin lenghths of female pin strip. Make sure to cut it at the 4th pin which will be sacrificed.
Reply to top
Oops, thanks for pointing that out, you know all to much about that header. Smile The kit now comes with a 2x3 female header and the others so no more cutting.
Reply to top
Hello, 

On the display pcb, for display there are female headers, no? You wrote male.
My screen has male pins.
 For RTC, can i easily change   ds1307 for ds3231 which its more accurate?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Wow, thanks for pointing that out, kind of important. 

The DS3231 is more accurate however at this time it won't work with the sketches, I heard about this RTC when it was to late so the code needs updating. I've had that change on the list for a while, I've been waiting to do that because when I do I plan to add sunrise sunset time based on location, DST auto change, those kind of things. After I get the new board functioning I'm going to get to it. 

It's also a good idea to mount the RTC with the battery facing up so you can change it. I set the board up for it to be facing the board which was not good so instead of using the 7 pin header on the RTC, spin it around and use the 5pin header. Just make sure the pins are lined up.
Reply to top
(11-30-2015, 12:27 AM)robsworld78 Wrote: Wow, thanks for pointing that out, kind of important. 

The DS3231 is more accurate however at this time it won't work with the sketches, I heard about this RTC when it was to late so the code needs updating. I've had that change on the list for a while, I've been waiting to do that because when I do I plan to add sunrise sunset time based on location, DST auto change, those kind of things. After I get the new board functioning I'm going to get to it. 

It's also a good idea to mount the RTC with the battery facing up so you can change it. I set the board up for it to be facing the board which was not good so instead of using the 7 pin header on the RTC, spin it around and use the 5pin header. Just make sure the pins are lined up.

Thanks for reply. I have soldered the RTC on the back of board.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply to top
Looks good, that's where I'm going to start putting them, makes sense with the display on the other side. Next boards I'm going to put the silkscreen on the other side.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new boards rott 3 5,636 11-22-2016, 07:25 PM
Last Post: Rob F
  Power connection display boards Arne 1 4,629 09-13-2016, 03:39 PM
  ATO circuit ChrisC 11 11,576 07-17-2016, 12:29 AM
  ATO Circuit and outlet dagsterbox 18 16,866 05-29-2016, 10:59 PM
Last Post: rott