Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New display board/rules?
Hi Rob,

I installed that new display board (that was the issue, not the actual display) and everything is working perfectly. 

During the troubleshooting process, I reinstalled the sketch on the display arduino, restored the factory defaults, and synced the display to the controller multiple times. Everything works, but I have no rules listed on the display, yet all the rules I had previously are still running (LED fans come on and off with temp, etc.)

My question is, if I re-write all the rules I previously had back into the display, will it screw up the rules that I assume must still be stored in the controller and cause chaos? If the fans come on at 80 in the current rule and I add another to come on at 81, which one wins? 
Or, is there a way to reset the rules in the controller and/or delete them without reinstalling the sketch? (I assumed the restore defaults did this?)

Thanks!

P.S. I have the display board on my bench to try and figure out what went wrong with it but I haven't had time to dig into it yet. I'll let you know if I can find where that perfect drop of saltwater landed and what it did..

P.P.S. Did I read somewhere that in the next update you were adding the ability to save a profile/settings?
Reply to top
Hi Skwerl77, glad to hear the board fixed it, still amazed how that saltwater could do that. It'll be interesting to know where it hit if you can track it down.

I will be adding profiles and better custom rule management. All the custom rules are stored on the display and controller SD card, it sounds like the files were removed from the display SD but still loaded on the controller SD so it sees them but display doesn't. If you still want to use those rules you should be able to copy the "rules" folder from controller SD to display SD. The files on both are identical. Once you do that you'll see them in the list again. If you want to delete and start over you'll have to copy the original "rules" folder from the download package to both SD cards. Doing a restore defaults or sync won't touch the rules.

In the scenario you paint with 2 rules, if less than 80 and 81 was there 81 would win but if it was greater than 80 would win.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  display mirrored roland33 7 6,545 04-07-2019, 11:14 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  Display Problem simonv92 12 9,326 03-04-2019, 09:54 AM
  Display keeps disconnecting Rob Wheatley 7 6,410 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM
  new upload rott 13 11,400 12-28-2017, 05:43 PM