Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Modification for new users/potential customers?
Hi all,

After looking at multiple aquarium controller kits I stumbled on Robo-Tank. Robo-Tank is the ideal kit for me because of the DIY aspect and over time should lead to cost savings (vs. a neptune system).

However, as a total novice it seems daunting to me and I would really appreciate a forum for beginners or people interested in purchasing the kit (getting started maybe?). Could we create a thread for new users? For example it could have a post: "So you just purchased your Robo-Tank kit, Now what?" OR "How to add sensors to Robo-Tank" OR "How to control wave pumps" etc. Each post could have links to products to purchase and easy how to videos.

As the forum stands now (at least in what I have seen), you have to sift through questions and scroll to the bottom to find solutions. It might also make it easier for Rob when his business expands beyond what he is able to respond to.

I hope I have not offended anyone, I just believe this could improve the site and user friendliness.

Stephan
Reply to top
Hi Stephan, welcome to the forum, you make all good points, I agree the forum is becoming a mess and hard to find info. I do want to make threads that address all these things, time is my biggest enemy but hoping to do something soon. It would serve me well to do this as I'm sure I've wasted more time than making proper threads would have taken not to mention all the frustration and time wasted by individuals looking for this info.
Reply to top
Hi Rob, I am happy to help with this.

Stephan
Reply to top
Hello,

I intend to order a kit in the very next days, and since I already know a lot about the subject, I can, with the agreement of Rob, create a subject "Tuto", the receipt of the kit, the assembly, and basic settings, with detailed photos and explanations of what to do.

I also intend to make some videos, but as I met very poorly English, it will certainly be in my native language (French)
Reply to top
(02-06-2018, 12:06 PM)stephanbitterwolf Wrote: Hi Rob, I am happy to help with this.

Stephan

Hi Stephan, thanks I appreciate that.

(02-06-2018, 10:34 PM)seb540 Wrote: Hello,

I intend to order a kit in the very next days, and since I already know a lot about the subject, I can, with the agreement of Rob, create a subject "Tuto", the receipt of the kit, the assembly, and basic settings, with detailed photos and explanations of what to do.

I also intend to make some videos, but as I met very poorly English, it will certainly be in my native language (French)

Hi Seb, thanks for your order and I hope you get the kit soon and thanks for your generous offer that would be great and much appreciated, you and anyone can post anything on the forum. Doing it in French is fine, I have quite a few customers from France so I'm sure they would welcome this. Most browsers have a translator installed so your posts can be read by most easy, one day I'm going to see if a plugin is available for the forum to. 

Maybe you can also help me translate the display screens in French as I want to start making language packs soon. Most of the text on the display is in images so to switch languages it'll just require using different images. I'll have the images in folders on the SD card and a person can select on the display which ones to use so switching language would be easy and for the custom labels the keyboard can be changed so its easy to add custom labels.
Reply to top
Hi Rob,

I can of course help to translate the program into French, I start very soon ;)
Reply to top
Thanks Seb, I thought you might like that idea. :) There's a lot of screens to update so it'll take me a bit of time as there's an update I need to get finished soon but will definitely work on it as you send translations.
Reply to top

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New group reff pi pavol14pavol 1 2,084 02-16-2020, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Rob F
  new expansion modules Jerry W 11 6,888 10-11-2019, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Rob F